WIP: ATOT Chairs and No Chairs(for compact missions)

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

yeh i'm welding some of the polys on the cylinders so it's less.
thanks for your help mini', i'm hoping someone will texture it, also another issue is all of the sudden my visual munge stopped working, so i've been modeling in stead of working on mod tools but i need it to work to test the model, it may be delayed for releasing do to that.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

Here's an update.
3012 polys without weapons and 3418 with!
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

good now you should begin preparing the UV maps and stamping them and painting the textures.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

well i suck at textures so i was hoping someone would do those:)
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

well good luck with that since theres very few modelers who could do it since no skinner understands UV mapping.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

really, i guess i'll try, it'll have to wait till I get a new OS then because windows xp 64 isn't working out, the guarder was thinking about texturing, but i don't know if he thought i ment skin or what could you post the atte texture plz mini'?
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

just google at-ot and use them as reference cause how would a texture from a COMPLETELY different model fit this one?
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

i woud just use parts of that one, like the colors and that jazz
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Drummerzoid1, this model is awsome. I think it look great :) Anyways, for the texture, i think you should use the AT-TE texture. That should be right since they are almost the same. Anyways, keep up the great job!
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

thanks jabba, could you post the atte texture since i'm having some issues with my OS and the mod tools thanks.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Do you have MSN or X-fire? If you do, PM ur email or screen name and i'll send it to you via one of those programs.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

email it to ...
Thanks Jabba!
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

well there's no way i'm texturing, i tried so hard and failed, will someone texture my model for me?
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

well i could always try even though im not the best texture artist but lemme think about it since i have alot to do but this is a model that i actually need for something...
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

cool, well whoever helps me with this project gets to use it whenever they want, and since you already said you'd be the animator you're pretty much in.
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

i just wanted to post my opinion.......the models looks nice and textured it can be usefull........but all of you say that a vehicle with more than 4000 polys will be laggy.......thats not right......i have 6 vehicles with more than 7000 polys and no appearence of lagg........even with many troopers!
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Whats the point in having a vehicle have 7k polys when it can have nearly half of that and look no different?

Nothin worse than wasted polys.

The fact is Drummer can now have double the ammount of ATOT's than he could before the point of lag.

Stick loads of your 7k plus vehicles in a map like endor and admire the lag.

Stick the same ammount of 3k plus vehicles (which look just as good) on a map like endor and cry at the smooth gameplay.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

well i lowered my polies now i justt a need a texturer, please spread this around, i failed twice at trying to texture this, so if you can help please do.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Have a look at my texturing tut.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

I know i did and failed at that too!