Poly meshes?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

t551
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Poly meshes?

Post by t551 »

I have made more geometry for the lowrez of the assault gunboat (replacing small cylinders with cubes, etc.) and then I created a polymesh.
Now, when I try to delete the parts of the geometry that I created for the poly mesh, the corresponding parts of the polymesh go away.

Is it possible to "un-link" the polymesh from the geometry that it was created from?
Lord-Bandu

RE: Poly meshes?

Post by Lord-Bandu »

There must be a way but I dont know it. You could duplicate your polymeshes a number of times and on each 1 delete all the polys except the parts you want. In the end you should have all your parts in seperate meshes.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

ok what you do is select all meshes to be merged and then click on model>create>polymesh>merge and in the dialogue box that opens you can merge thier UVs and also thier wieght maps and aslo its best to turn the tolerence all the way down so you dont mess up the model and then click on the delete button at the top of the dialogue box and it deletes the input meshes. if you want to keep the input meshes and not delete them just merge like you just did and click on the freeze button on the bottom right of the right panel or go into explorer hitting 8 and expand the polymesh that you just made and expand the polygon mesh node and right click and select freeze.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

hmm looks like i went off on one lol .
t551
General
General

Post by t551 »