** * help needed / amateur moddeller * **

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

kudos_eb

** * help needed / amateur moddeller * **

Post by kudos_eb »

I just got XSI Softimage Advanced 5.0 from a designer friend
but I dont even know how to install the BF2ModTools XSI Addon, and use it.
Ive completed the "how to create a model tutorial" for SWBF1, the rocket one =)
and I was successful, even with the textutres! , now i want to move on and make a character model , a jedi one, ive searched through the forum but havent found an easy to follow tutorial guide for creating or modifying an already made shipped model (or i simply cant understand 'em).
I wanna become a modder, a great one, im starting with models cuz i think theyre fun, plz someone instruct me, take me as a padawan modeller learner or something like that. :), if i cant make player models or is not possible, perhaps weapons or vehicles, anything, i have many ideas but dont know how to implement them. :lol: :wink: :P
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: ** * help needed / amateur moddeller * **

Post by minilogoguy18 »

character models are difficult to make from scratch, but as for the pandemic addon just go to file>addon>install and a box should pop up and click on the browse button and find the plugin and install and thats it. you cant modify any of the shipped models because msh format is only one way, you can try to get it back into XSI but youll find that the model is REALLY messed up. character modeling tuts are hard to come by, i have a book thats completely on the art of modeling people but ive never found anything on the internet about it.
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

To start with download that link below. It's a template for a new unit,has all the bones etc. The read me is pretty self explanitory and tells you everthing you need to make a new unit... if I can remember right.

As far as making a good looking mesh all I can say is practice practice practice! :wink:

http://www.secretsociety.com/FORUM/down ... e_Beta.zip
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

As for player models, wasn't there something about copying comethig or other into ZE, then saving as group, or something? I can't remember exactly what it was,b ut I remember hearing it was amazingly awesome for creating player models, and you didn't need fred's skeleton.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

you do need the skeleton and whatever you heard was wrong, a player model cannot animate without the bones and animations, it would just float around in that T shape. the whole thing about exporting models as .obj is a waste of time too since you lose the UV maps and the model is pretty messed up, for that last time kids, just make your own models.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

XSI Softimage Advanced 5.0 from a designer friend ?

The license for any application version of XSI is not transferrable. No warez topics on this site. If you can prove you have purchased XSI , this topic will be unlocked/unflagged.

This alert for this topic was submitted to us by a deveper by the way!