IMPORTANT: Critical Gmail security breach

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

IMPORTANT: Critical Gmail security breach

Post by Marth8880 »

Do you have a Gmail account? If so, go here and search for your e-mail address. Thankfully, mine isn't in the list, but everybody else who has a Gmail account NEEDS to search for theirs in this list. Like no seriously. You NEED to do it NOW and change your password if your e-mail address is there.

http://hack-tool.ru/threads/Раздача-e-m ... 4/page-188

Best way to search for it is to simply use your browser's search function by pressing Ctrl+F and typing in your e-mail address.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: IMPORTANT: Critical Gmail security breach

Post by Noobasaurus »

Or if you have an aol or yahoo. Or an email. Luckily mine and people I know's aren't on there.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Heh. Indeed. Or I guess if you're Russian and you have one of those weird yandex.ru or mail.ru domains lol.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Only 41 Gmail accounts are on there. It's entirely possible these were all obtained by social engineering and not any secret hacking backdoor shenanigans (well, outside of some of those relatively unknown email hosts). Nothing to worry about.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

I think they hid the posts from non-members; the page looks very different than it used to look and there were thousands of Gmail accounts when I checked.