LAN driver not found

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

LAN driver not found

Post by Anakin »

Hi,

i'm looking for a treiber for my lan adapter at the dockingstation. The system cannot find it.
And my graficcard treiber doesn't work, too. i have a Radeon HD 6700M. i was on AMD website, choose the right system... and installed the catalyst center. but it says it's not compatible with my system or software or hardware. can someone of you help me?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: lan treiber not found

Post by Marth8880 »

Um... what? Treiber? I don't even...
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

For all you english-speaking fellows, Treiber means driver.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

:google:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Treiber+translation

Anywho, doesn't the AMD website have an "Auto-detect" function that will scan your computer, find exactly what graphics card you have, and take you to the page for those drivers? So if that doesn't bring you to the right driver, I don't know what will.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Typically one should not randomly mix non-English words into English sentences, but alright. Plus, I was on my lunch break and didn't have the time to bother checking anything, especially not while on 3G.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Hi,

yes i mean the driver :oops:

So the problem is i'm now running windows 8 and there are some Driver not found. I had some simular problems with Windows 7 first. But only for the LAN Driver. The Dockingstation is from HP. If i ask there for support they tell me my support is over (?) so normaly i have 2 years, but they have a system error. I asked them to fix that for the 3rd time now :x
But even if i get a support they will tell me all drivers will be installed by Windows Updates there is nothing we can do.
So i installed a driver from a printer on Windows 7 and this didn't work to i let the pc fix the problem and the pc told me the driver instalation is disabled. i simply klicked on fix and the printer was installed. next time i put the dockingstation on the pc the driver from the lan was installed too. SO for Windows 8 this doesn't work. i tryed to activate manuell, but this says it is still enabled.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Well, Windows 8 is still really new. I doubt most third-party devices will already have drivers that are compatible with it. You can't expect a Eindows 7 driver to work with Windows 8 in the same way you can't expect a Windows XP driver to work in Windows Vista. I mean, sure, some of them MIGHT work, but it shouldn't be expected to.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

mh yeah i tryed this but the problem is my switchable graficcards. the pc use the intel and not my Radeon. And the last of them is much better. So the driver for the Radeon use the Catalyst Center and that doesn't work now. i contacted ATI and hope they can help me. But i don't understand why my lan adapter doesn't work