SWBF2 addon folder [Solved]

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Silas
Captain
Captain
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

SWBF2 addon folder [Solved]

Post by Silas »

Hi y'all. After a long break from modding, i decided to get back into it. I'm using windows 7 now instead of xp, so I'm getting a lot of problems working with the modtools, some of which I've solved. The big one right now is when I munge my maps, it says they are munging to the addon folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData , but they aren't showing up. I have it so hidden files and folders appear, but that isn't helping. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: SWBF2 addon folder

Post by AceMastermind »

Have you enabled write access to this location? You can find instructions here:
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 92#p468092

I find the level of security in these new operating systems absurd when you(the owner) are locked out of certain areas. I'll stick with XP for long as possible, I just don't see the advantage to 'upgrading' my OS since every program I like to use still works without having to jump through hoops.
Silas
Captain
Captain
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: SWBF2 addon folder

Post by Silas »

thanks, I got it to work. I did use the search bar, but I guess I should have found the everything you need to know thread, a quick read through fixed my two different problems I had. Thanks again