USB Stops Earbuds from Working

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Fierfek
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

USB Stops Earbuds from Working

Post by Fierfek »

Oftentimes when I plug in a USB or activate a USB device, the audio jack on my computer stops working. For example, a few days ago I was plugging a backup hard drive to my computer (getting stuff from a backup of a computer earlier), and when I plugged it into the USB slot, my audio jack for my earbuds suddenly stopped working.

I was listening to music in WMP, and when I plugged in my earbuds the song would pause, and when I'd unplug the earbuds the song would resume. If I hit "play" while the earbuds were in, the song would partially play through my laptop's speakers.

A few minutes ago, I turned on a wireless xbox 360 controller (I had a wireless receiver plugged into a USB slot on my laptop), and that produced the same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?