SWBF2 won't launch

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

SWBF2 won't launch

Post by CommanderFixer »

I honestly haven't played BFII in a long time, probably at least 8 months. So yesterday I decided to try and play it again, and as soon as I popped it in, it recognized the disc was in and as always, asked if I wanted to launch it. I did, but then the launch screen never popped up, but the disc was still running, and I tried relaunching... Nothing. :( (Plus, I got rid of several of the mods I had installed to make sure it wasn't mod-related) Can anyone take a guess on what it is?
Loopy53
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Earth Apocalypse
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 bf3 cod
xbox live or psn: Dont have one

Re: SWBF2 won't launch

Post by Loopy53 »

run the game by launching the .exe in the gamedata folder and see if it works from there.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

I tried using the .exe... it crashes every single time. I even made a shortcut on my desktop to see if that worked... it crashed. I have a feeling it has to do with mods, but I uninstalled some of my mods. At this point, all I have is v1.3, the conversion pack and Dark Times. And I'm almost sure that's under the mission limit.
Loopy53
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Earth Apocalypse
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 bf3 cod
xbox live or psn: Dont have one

Post by Loopy53 »

whelp remove dt2 and convo pack see if anything happens. Delete all of your mod projects too (back them up first!)
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

Already uninstalled DT, convo pack may be a little tricky, but I moved all of the mods to a seperate folder to make sure they're not installed. Even without Dark Times it still crashes. I really don't know why, I had quite a few maps installed and previously the game worked just fine. But I haven't played SWBF2 in probably 8 months, and now it decides to be like this. (By the way, my computer is a Vista and it always has been. I'm not sure which compatibility setting I should use. :| )