Visual Studio 2012

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

LEO
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Map_for_swbf2
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Visual Studio 2012

Post by LEO »

Hey guys i'm a non proffesional hobby c++ dev. I downloaded the new visual studio for win 8 (because i own win 8 :D ) and theres no way to create an DirectX 11 Project. The only DX Project which is selecable is a Diet Dr. Pepper windows store app. But i dont want to create a windows store app (I tryed this kind of project but theres already code in there). So in Visual 2010 there was a way to select EmtpyProject. But in 2012 theres no [can't control my temper] way. Here's a screenshot, of the new project menu. Hope you hate it.

Hidden/Spoiler:
sorry for the german text but you can see theres no EmptyProject

Edit after warning from staff: Sorry for my temper
Last edited by LEO on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Visual Studio 2012

Post by Marth8880 »

First of all, calm the heck down. Swearing will only get you in deep trouble with the staff.

Try Googling your problem. :google:
LEO
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Map_for_swbf2
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by LEO »

Ok now i'm using visual studio 2010 and run the programms in copatibily mode
half fixed :D
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

LEO wrote:Hey guys i'm a non proffesional hobby c++ dev. I downloaded the new visual studio for win 8 (because i own win 8 :D ) and theres no way to create an DirectX 11 Project. The only DX Project which is selecable is a Diet Dr. Pepper windows store app. But i dont want to create a windows store app (I tryed this kind of project but theres already code in there). So in Visual 2010 there was a way to select EmtpyProject. But in 2012 theres no [can't control my temper] way. Here's a screenshot, of the new project menu. Hope you hate it.

Hidden/Spoiler:
We have an extremely strict policy on profanity. Swear again and you're gone.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

There are multiple version of Visual Studio 2012 (at least for Express). Make sure you download Microsoft Visual Studio (Express) 2012 for Windows Desktop. I've got that one and it has all the usual project types.