Softimage Mod Tool Error.

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Softimage Mod Tool Error.

Post by giftheck »

Does anybody have a solution to a problem in Softimage Mod Tool 7.5? Basically, any time I try to import or open any file, it spews out this message:

"Failed to save scene before system failure"

It then crashes. I've attached a screenshot to this post of the dialog itself just in case:
Hidden/Spoiler:
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Softimage Mod Tool Error.

Post by AceMastermind »

Does this only happen when importing/exporting with ZETools?

Requirements:
  • Python 2.6+ & according pywin32
    Visual C++ 2010 redistributable

forums/viewtopic.php?p=225414#p225414
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

AceMastermind wrote:Does this only happen when importing/exporting with ZETools?

Requirements:
  • Python 2.6+ & according pywin32
    Visual C++ 2010 redistributable

forums/viewtopic.php?p=225414#p225414
Seems to happen if I try any import option under the menu as well as in the ZETools, as well as opening a file. I'll try reinstalling Python, because I know the Visual C++ Redistributable is already on my system (I've run a repair anyways).

EDIT: Nope, didn't change anything. On ZETools it always seems to get to the last stage of importing before it crashes too.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Did you try any of the solutions from the reply I linked to? If none of those work for you either then I have nothing else to suggest.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Yep, all tried. In actuality, uninstalling Quicktime seems to have made it worse - now it doesn't get anywhere near the end of loading before it crashes. It's odd - I could have sworn an earlier version of Mod Tool worked perfectly, and to be honest it looks like something went wrong in the installation. I don't think the ZETools would be compatible with an earlier version, but I could be wrong.