Windows 8.1 Bluetooth?

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Fierfek
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Windows 8.1 Bluetooth?

Post by Fierfek »

I've seen a lot of people on the internet having this problem but there hasn't been a solution yet. Basically, Bluetooth just doesn't work in windows 8.1 for many people. For me, when I go to the Bluetooth settings it just displays "your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices" forever, and never actually does anything.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?
the best
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Windows 8.1 Bluetooth?

Post by the best »

If you haven't found a solution yet..I did some searching and it seems the majority of problems with bluetooth/windows 8.1 are caused by incompatible drivers that only work on 8.0. If your updater doesn't show anything I'd go to the manufacturer's website and find out if they have an up to date version. If this is all something you've heard already and tried, then let's start getting specific. First off here's something small I just found:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Ultra-Thin ... d-p/109321

If that doesn't help, what kind of computer do you have? Did your bluetooth work on 8.0 or any previous OS?