SWBFII won't launch

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

SWBFII won't launch

Post by giftheck »

I'm trying to get SWBFII to launch on my new laptop but it keeps telling me I don't have the disc inserted. I have a legitimate copy of the DVD version. I have installed the international 1.1 patch. Have I installed the wrong thing?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: SWBFII won't launch

Post by Noobasaurus »

What file are you opening to actually run it? You should be able to run it using BattleFrontII.exe, within the GameData folder, without needing a CD.

Also, make sure you installed it correctly so that it writes to the registry (using all your CDs or DVDs or whatever you have).
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Noobasaurus wrote:You should be able to run it using BattleFrontII.exe, within the GameData folder, without needing a CD.
This doesn't work for every copy of the game, I have a DVD version from 2006 that always requires the disc to be inserted regardless of which exe you run it with.
If the game is not being recognized in the tray there is likely a hardware compatibility issue which SecuROM can fix for you within 24 hours during the work week. They will email you a new BattlefrontII.exe that works with your hardware configuration. I had to do this when I got a new gaming machine back in 2009. I just use my digital copy from Steam now though, it is already patched to 1.1 and doesn't require a disc.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

for me it works without DVD :D

@ggctuk: what version of 1.1 patch have you installed?? I had the same problem when i updated to 1.1. I took the wrong patch for cd version. You need the patch for DVD.