Switching SIM Card\Phone Stuff

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Switching SIM Card\Phone Stuff

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Ok so I have Metro-PCS as my carrier, and my main phone is from them. I have an older AT&T phone too. I would like to use my metro service in the AT&T phone, when I insert the sim card to the AT&T phone it wants an unlock code. I attempted to contact AT&T to get it but my request was denied due to [RC Cola]

So my question here is anyone skilled in this area of technology? Is there any possible hackjob methods to making this happen?
I didn't get far with looking on Google either. Just lots of fake apps that claim to root/unlock but do nothing.

Details:
Main phone (Metro-PCS) LG Leon 4G LTE
Other phone (AT&T) Pantech Burst 4G
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Switching SIM Card\Phone Stuff

Post by Anakin »

Never something about Pantech Burst 4G. But the first address for android rooting and removing carrier lock is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I can also vouch for the link Anakin posted. I've rooted several of my phones and installed custom firmware on them, and every bit of tutorial and tech I used originated there.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Well I kept poking AT&T and got them to cough up an unlock code. The Metro sim card still doesn't seem to be detected by the AT&T device, I think, it it is not allowed to connect. The little bar at the top of the phone just has the message "emerge..." with a block symbol on the little bars.