Good video editing software?

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Good video editing software?

Postby Kingpin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Hey everyone, was wondering what video editing software you use? I've been using Windows Movie Maker but it is just very limited, anyone have any free suggestions? Cheers

Resistance Leader
Projects :: EVERYWHERE
Games I'm Playing :: Dark Souls + TBOI
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Good video editing software?

Postby Marth8880 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:37 am

I use Sony Vegas Pro 12.

If you're looking for something free, VirtualDub is fine if you have no need for non-linear editing (i.e. timeline editing, etc). If you do want non-linear video editing though, there's Lightworks, which I've never tried.

If all you need is a tool that can encode Fraps footage (or others) with the option to trim the start and end time of the video, I highly recommend HandBrake.

Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Good video editing software?

Postby Kingpin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Marth8880 wrote:I use Sony Vegas Pro 12.

If you're looking for something free, VirtualDub is fine if you have no need for non-linear editing (i.e. timeline editing, etc). If you do want non-linear video editing though, there's Lightworks, which I've never tried.

If all you need is a tool that can encode Fraps footage (or others) with the option to trim the start and end time of the video, I highly recommend HandBrake.

Thanks! I use nvidia Shadowplay to record ingame footage.

Return to Technical Advice and Tutorials