HP Recovery Error

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

sawyerdk9

HP Recovery Error

Post by sawyerdk9 »

I just recently did the HP Recovery. So when it is finally done about 45mins later I go and start to reinstall BF2.
But to my supprise it says that there is not enough memory!!!
So I have like around 67gb and about 30 was used. I now check and it says
I have a total of 3.57gb! Has this happened to anyone before? This really sucks balls. And another thing is that it deleted all of my music....Diet Dr. Pepper
-=Sithicalohiny=-

RE: HP Recovery Error

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Yes this has happened to someone before. You might want to check some of the December posts of the SWBF II General forum. I think it was there.
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by ShadowHawk »

Eww, that sucks. Did you use the HP recovery cd and did it reformat the hard drive? A lot of Restore disk do. If it didn't, right-click on my computer, and click manage (assuming you have XP), and go to disk Management. Tell me what you see.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

sawyerdk9, have you proceeded to a Standard "System Recovery", or to a "Destructive" one ? Indeed, if you didn't know the existence of this last option, then I would suggest consulting this Hewlett-Packard / Compaq web-page, as it refers to the use of the "Recovery Program" shipping with Computers that this Company have engineered and marketed...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Id reformat the hardrive manually and then use the restore cd. Also if you have extra $15 you can get partition software that let you manage your harddrive graphically. You may have a bad restore cd in which case if your under warranty you can request a new restore cd from your manufacturer. If its not warranted let me know , its pretty easy to reformat and if you have windows xp on cd the rest is cake.