Movie Maker constantly crashing

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

flippy11

Movie Maker constantly crashing

Post by flippy11 »

i have windows movie maker (dont know what version) and it is constently crashing. i import new clips and it crashes when i try to add them to the thing. sometimes it happens as i save load ect. i checked on Microsoft's website for an update but there was none so i thought somebody here might know why it crashes.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: movie maker constantly crashing

Post by Leviathan »

flippy11, would you have recently downloaded and installed the well-known "Service Pack 2" intended to Microsoft Windows XP ?
flippy11

Post by flippy11 »

I'm pretty sure i did but I'll re-download it. i send an error report and it said a new version was available but i could not find it on the website.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Well, as far as I know, the latest versions of Windows Movie Maker were only made available and intended to Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 owners, which means that downloading upcoming releases of this software must be done through the use of Microsoft Windows Update, I guess...