What's up with Filefront?

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Schizo

What's up with Filefront?

Post by Schizo »

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I can't download anything from Filefront. As soon as I get to the screen where you go to start your download, some pop-up thing comes up that says to "Perform an ActiveX Control on this Web Page". Either way, whether I click OK, or just close it, Internet Explorer crashes with that Send Error Report message. I think it might be Filefront itself, but no one else really seems to have any problem with it. Pretty sure it's not anything wrong with my computer or anything like that, because I could download stuff just fine from Filefront before. It's kinda ticking me off. I can't download anything. Savefile and everything else works fine. Filefront doesn't.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2083/argh1pa.png

Any ideas?
-=Sithicalohiny=-

RE: What

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Sometimes things like that happen to me too. If you are a filefront member then you should delete the cookie in the temporary internet files adn try again. What I do is simply use another web browser.

If that doesn't work, then you should try blocking Javascript and see what happens.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Hmm... deleting the cookies didn't seem to help. How would I turn off Javascript, exactly? I've never really had to do it before since this problem just started happening... >.>

I'm going to try and redownload ActiveX and see if that fixes it. Don't know why it wouldn't work in the first place though.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't work either.
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

You turn off Javascript with any web safety/anti spamming program. But I doubt if that's the problem. :roll:

I tried to download a few things on filefront and it worked perfectly, on Firefox. 1 of the 4 things I tried to download crashed when I used Internet Explorer.

So just use a different web browser.
ex2100

Post by ex2100 »

i have a question about filefront..... can you get xfire pics on that site as long as the symbol isnt on them, cuz i cant get screens with prntscreen cuz it crashes the game for some reasons
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

That is weird, that happens to me aswell.. I click the close button and it is OK again
ex2100

Post by ex2100 »

does anyone know about the picks
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

What if you looked at this Microsoft Article, Schizo ?...
RDST

Post by RDST »

^Unlikely, the website is down so that means no pics. :?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : ex2100, what if you ceased to post doubloons inside this thread ? Indeed, I'd have hoped you would guess that inserting identical messages on GameToast Forums could not increase your chances to work out the problem you're actually facing...
General_Furious

Post by General_Furious »

I thought the site was getting a little maintenance... at least that's what it told me
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : And that was the case, General', until I went on FileFront today to download a few Star Wars Battlefront I / II files, so as to determine whether all this web-site's features had been properly restored...
Henceforth, believe me, FileFront and most of its affiliated sections seem to have been made entirely usable back...
General_Furious

[28-Apr-2006 03:25:00] PHP Warning: [eAccelerator] This build of "eAccelerator" was compiled for PHP version 4.4.2RC2-dev. Rebuild it for your PHP version (4.3.4) or download precompiled binaries. in Unknown on line 0
I can't log in... :(

What's a PHP?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Have you waited for the complete loading of FileFront main page, General' ? (Indeed, only a few seconds should suffice so as to make the rest of this web-site appearing properly...)
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Looks like everything is up and running at filefront.
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff

Post by ShadowHawk »

Remind me to visit there sometime, heard it was nice this time of year with Guru's girlfriendsssssssssssssssssss........ (way to many to put here) in scantly clad bikinis showing off the latest BF2 maps on Virginia Beach. :D

General_Furious, did Lev's advice solve the prob or was it a fluke occurance? been seeing a few posts about filefront lately. (or am I just delerious again).
General_Furious

Well, whatever the problem was... its been fixed. It's up and running, well everything but uploading photos... that's still getting maintenance