Where's the best place to register domains?

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

-=Sithicalohiny=-

Where's the best place to register domains?

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

I have searched countless websites for the best place to register domains. I have found companies that charge $3 but then charge $19 for the next year. Then I have found places that are $7, $8 and $9.

There always seems to be a trick somewhere. :?
Does anyone know of an affordable and reliable company?
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Where

Post by ShadowHawk »

Well, the one I use is godaddy.com. It is reliable, but it depends on how much you are willing to spend. DO NOT go with the prepackaged webhost/domain deals. Everyone on my team can attest to the dificulties I had with that.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I use directnic.com for over 6 years. Have over 500 domains with them and their support and options are indeed the best. THey are $15 a year for domains. The control panels are powerful , never down and domains setup in less then 5 minutes.

I host my own stuff but they also offer hosting of smaller sites for like $5.
You get what you pay for , I think the extra 5 or 6 $ for a perfect place to deal with is worth it.
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Thanks.

I was also looking at godaddy.com for some time. I plan to get a paid host just to keep my websites safe. I do have a pretty powerfull web sever on my pc but the bandwidth prices in my country sucks.

$15 for a domain to me is crazy. Especially if you have over 500 of them, but suit yourself.

Thanks for the help :)
crazytieguy
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by crazytieguy »

Try 1&1; they have ads in one of my computer magazines and seem like the place to go.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : As far as I am concerned, I would be ready to say that the GameToast member having generated this thread does no longer need additional Informations and Resources on how to locate a Specialized Location where he could host his own web-site, crazytieguy, which incidentally makes your above message at least as much unhelpful as most of those you may have posted earlier, and that's why I would not be surprised in case you would be excluded out of GameToast Community sooner or later...