Norton - 0 item is affecting your status

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Norton - 0 item is affecting your status

Post by Darth-Derkie »

I have Norton 2006, and sometimes the status window says: Urgent Attention 0 item is affecting your status. Weird, because Norton Protection Center says that everything is fine. Is norton stupid, or is it something else?
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Its probably saying that everything is fine even though it says "Urgent Attention". Its just telling u look at it. I get it too.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Alright, I have understood what you're telling above, moncal', and in other words, I guess that Symantec Corporation© Norton AntiVirus 2006 has been in fact specifically scheduled in order to remind its main user not to forget to control the Status of this Software, so as to proceed to a complete Antivirus Scanning or make sure that Microsoft© Windows Update has been recently run, for sample...
Therefore, I think that this "annoying" problem might be worked out through a modifying of Norton AntiVirus 2006 Settings, and I would equally advise you to download Emsi Software© a-squared (a²) Free, additionally to your current Antivirus Solution, Darth-Derkie...
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff

Post by ShadowHawk »

Where is it specifically saying it? The windows security center or nortons version of it? Is this the first time you encountered it? how long have you had it? Was an upgrade through live update applied?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

I have Norton Systemworks 2006, and sometimes these "problems" could be..

-you havent scanned your system for a long time
-your internet temp folder has too much stuff clogging, requring a clean
-something to actually worry about (spyware, intrusion, virus etc)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I would personally pick up the first Option you have proposed above, SkyHawk, as most of the Products conceived and released by Symantec Corporation© have always had a certain "paranoiac" tendency, which might have led their different users to execute Scannings of all sorts that couldn't be considered as being really required, since none critical threat had been preventing the concerned Computers from working properly...