Norton Systemworks 2006 wont let me activate.

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Norton Systemworks 2006 wont let me activate.

Post by -_- »

Some of you know that I recently had to reinstall my OS due to some problems. Now that I finished installing the OS and all, I'm reinstalling my programs back onto my comp. Now, everything works fine, except Norton. And error keeps saying that I cant activate it because I've installed it for too many comps. (I Installed 3 times, once for my dad's comp, once for my sis, and once for my own before the OS wipe) Now I can activate it, i might have to buy another one which costs some more $. If you guys have any ideas how I could fix this, it would be much appreciated.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Norton Systemworks 2006 wont let me activate.

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Sounds like you reached your legal limit of reinstalles (a new OS install is sometimes considered a new computer). (You really passed your legal limit if Norton was running on more than one PC at the same time...) Do you need to use the entire Systemworks, or do you use mostly certain parts of it. We might be able to find you some just as powerful (if not more powerful) freeware that does the same things.

If you must use Norton Systemworks, you are going to have to bug tech support until they activate it for you.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

lol, I'll see what I can do about bugging them. If not, I'll get the Freeware :D
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : It has indeed been proven that Softwares being developped and released by Symantec Corporation® had a certain tendency to consider the re-installing of one Microsoft® Windows Version as being comparable to the replacement of one whole Personal Computer, and I do not think that taking contact with the Technical Support Team affiliated to the concerned Company might help you so much, since I assume a few Employees could even suggest ordering either the "Premier" Variant of Norton SystemWorks 2006 or perhaps Products being primarily intended towards the Professional Domain, because of the Grouped Licenses such Programs usually ship with...
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Oh, I forgot to mention mines is Norton Systemworks Premier 2006 ._.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Alright, in case the enhanced Price of Symantec® Norton SystemWorks 2006 Premier is apparently justified by Components and Features being absent from either the Standard or the "Basic" Editions of this same Specialized Product, I assume it has been equally proposed so because of the fact it must usually ship with Grouped Licenses, which means you are supposed to be allowed to install it on about two or three different Personal Computers, and since you have exceeded this Limitation, I guess that re-purchasing the concerned Program is probably the most efficient way of making it to work again, unless you would really be willing to submit a few messages towards Symantec® Technical Support Team while precising that you have expanded your Norton SystemWorks 2006 Variant on more than two Microsoft® Windows Platforms...