Problem with internet and games

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

EsKiMo

Problem with internet and games

Post by EsKiMo »

so I wanted to get counter strike source for PC but im not sure if my sattelite internet will be able to run the game.As it is now i can somewhat play battlefront 2 and I can play knight online with no lag at all.Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Huh.. so.. what exactly is the problem? If you can run other online games okay, you'll be fine.
EsKiMo

Post by EsKiMo »

well whats really stange is I cant run wolfenstein enemy territory but I can run knight online and they both have a minimum internet requirement of 56k
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Might be your firewall blocking the game information that's coming in.
EsKiMo

Post by EsKiMo »

I already disabled my firewall when I try to play but it doesnt connect
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : In case of further needs of this GameToast sub-forum, be sure to attach as many Precise Details and Resources referring to the problems you are running into, since all I can say for now is that understanding what is the exact Issue you have talked about so far isn't that obvious. Next, if I have not mistaken about the Subject dealt with this thread, I would suggest providing me a little more Informations regarding all the Entertainment Softwares you have attempted to play online so far, such as their Release Dates or Datas related to the latest Updates developped and available for them, etc...
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Any sort of Anti-Virus program running? They might have a 2nd firewall setted up.
2_lowiq_clone

Post by 2_lowiq_clone »

yeah, i have to turn off 2 different firewalls before i can play halo PC.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : For a while, I equally used to deploy and maintain two different Firewall Softwares on most of the Personal Computers I have access towards, but the fact proceeding so may not be that recommended and efficient has indeed been proven through this way, and that's why I have chosen to keep only one of them set up on these same Microsoft® Windows-based Platforms. On the other hand, being eventually forced to temporarily deactivate such a Critical Program isn't that tempting, and that's why mastering this Security Strategy's Important Part has become so much welcome and appreciable nowadays...
TheTao

Post by TheTao »

Sattelite internet will not play online games. There is a 1/4th of a second delay between the data your computer sends up to the sattelite and the response sent back. Sorry, mate.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I knew such sorts of Internet Connections might cause a few troubles towards some of the persons having decided to engage a Subscription proposed by Companies having become specialized into this Communication Means, but as I guess you mustn't be the only User being somewhat frustrated by this Restriction, I would perhaps advise you to take contact with your Internet Services Provider as soon as possible, in order to figure out whether Options dedicated to the Online Playing of Video Games have not been introduced and proposed to its Customers...