Trying to play House of the Dead ROM....

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Droideka88

Trying to play House of the Dead ROM....

Post by Droideka88 »

Sega Emulator Model 2
;Configuration file for the SEGA Model 2 emulator
;All text to the right of ; is ignored (use as comments)

;Add your rom directories here (max 10)
;ROMS subdirectory in the same folder than the exe is always scanned when searching for roms
;(remove the ; form Dir1)
[RomDirs]
;Dir1=c:\Model2\roms

[Renderer]
Geometrizer=1 ;0 uses old nebulam2 geometrizer
;1 uses new geometrizer (faster, better lighting, preferred)

SoftwareVertexProcessing=1 ;Leave set to 1 if you have an ATI card, setting to 0 causes
;broken geometry in ATI cards (still with 0 there are some glitches with
;these cards, HOTD pre-game intro)

Wireframe=0 ;Disables polygon filling (for debug purposes, don't change)
FakeGouraud=0 ;Tries to guess Per-vertex colour (gouraud) from the Model2 per-poly information (flat)
Bilinear=1 ;Enables bilinear filtering of textures
Trilinear=0 ;Enables mipmap usage and trilinear filtering (doesn't work with some games, DoA for example)
FilterTilemaps=0 ;Enables bilinear filtering on tilemaps (looks good, but can cause some stretch artifacts)
ForceManaged=0 ;Forces the DX driver to use Managed textures instead of Dynamic. Use it if the emulator
;crashes after loading or doesn't show anything

;These options are configured from menus so don't touch
FullMode=0
Sound=1
Ok I downloaded a HOTD ROM, which contains the files needed to play the game. What I don't understand is where to put them?

In the m2emulator folder, there is some folder called NVDATA. I tried putting my HOTD files there, opened the Emulator, but it didn't load the game. If anyone has done this before can somebody please help me?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Trying to play House of the Dead ROM....

Post by Leviathan »

Maybe this would eventually sound as being too much Obvious and Easy to implement, but have you ever considered removing the Semicolon Character inserted in front of the Directory referring to the Location of the ROM's you may have downloaded so far, and located inside the "[RomDirs]" Section ? Once done, maybe you would then have to expand the concerned Contents towards the Path you have just uncommented in order to determine whether this could help you emulating the aimed Video Game ?
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Leviathan I just removed that one semi-colon but what the Instructions don't make sense of is explaining clearly is where to put these multiple files without messing up. Here's an error I keep getting.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/ ... errors.jpg

This is just a guess but maybe I'm lacking c:\Model2\roms folder? Perhaps after I downloaded it off the internet I did something wrong.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Unfortunately, I have to admit that my actual Knowledges regarding the use and exploiting of Emulation Platforms comparable to the one you are currently experiencing troubles with aren't that extended and helpful, but if I were you, I would make sure the Directory I have advised you to uncomment really exists before attempting to transfer all the files associated to the Video Game you would want to play towards this same Path. Furthermore, while we are at it, would you mind providing me a complete List of the Files shipped with the ROM you have tried to manipulate so far ?
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

The file names are given in that image I posted. Names are based on these: ep19696.15...or do you want me to show you where I got them from?
;(remove the ; form Dir1)
Done but nothing happens.
Dir1=C:\Program Files\m2emulator[1]\NVDATA or roms
Nothing happens again but error.

I've been trying several times, trying to re-position where the emulator should be reading the rom files and no luck. Chances are I may have to ask the website forums since they're responsible for creating this towards a specific community.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Proceeding similarly might be indeed your only Opportunity to make the concerned Emulation Process to work as expected, and anyway, I am not certain that the current GameToast sub-forum may allow the creating of threads dealing with Means of executing and playing Entertainment Softwares being more or less Legal and Licensed by the Development Studios having conceived them, and that's why I would perhaps advise you not to keep arguing about it any longer for Reasons you will eventually understand...
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Leviathan, what you said makes sense and I guess in the near future I should next time ask my questions towards the forum that made the Emulator and possible the ROM files.

You can go ahead and lock it. Thanks for your help Leviathan.
Absolutely no links to pirated software or questions on how to get such software working.
Well then, I never considered that most Emulators and/or ROMs shouldn't even be discussed.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I indeed consider this Possibility as being the most valuable and suitable one for now, and since the current thread seemed not to be that viewed by other around GameToast members, I assume your chances to eventually work out the problems you have described earlier might not have been that enhanced in case you would have kept taking advantage out of these Forums, and hopefully, you should obtain the Responses and Resources you need by browsing the Location you have mentioned previously...
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff

Post by ShadowHawk »

Just a heads up for future references. Console ROMs are illegal to own unless you have the actual game. They are still under the respected console's copyright, therefore in violation DMCA (Digital media something something. say that cause I may have gotten the abbriviation wrong). Nintendo has been adament in reminding people of this.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : This isn't actually that easy to explain precisely, but I guess leaving your above Statement as it is currently should amply suffice in order to dissuade around GameToast members from following this sort of unadvised and unsupported Ways of playing some specific Entertainment Softwares. Above all, so as to illustrate this Content, I would simply say that it might be almost compared to the Methods and Processes having to be applied in order to break down the Protection of chosen Softwares, and I guess those who have assimilated them won't be in dissension with this sentence...
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff

Post by ShadowHawk »

Exactly. Right on the head there, Lev.