A MAJOR question

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

darthscypter

A MAJOR question

Post by darthscypter »

Hey I just have a question. Some of my maps in the convo pack keep crashing to the desktop. I only have version 1.9 installed. Could you tell me all of the versions I have to install?
:greeny: :maulsaber: :jango: :spam:
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: A MAJOR question

Post by obiboba3po »

you only need version 1.9 for it to work. ive experienced the same problem, but for me if i play more than 2 custom maps in a row, it seems to crash to my desktop. it probably just my comp, or the fact that i have about 40 custom maps installed all at once :faint: anyways, to answer youre question, its nothing specific to the convo. pack, if you have the same problem i do, its probably just more noticable when you play the convo. pack cause theres more maps.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

get pheonix patch 1.8.4, that generally works, and if you have a version of BFX that actually overwrites files, (1.0 and before) then get rid of it!
tylerman29
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: LoL SWBFII

Post by tylerman29 »

also try putting bloom effect off and lighting to medium or lower
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

obiboba3po wrote:or the fact that i have about 40 custom maps installed all at once :faint:
That would probably do it, I have I think four :| The SWBF Conversion Pack uses higher graphics and puts more stress on the system than the normal game so try lowering your graphics and don't play the game with 10+ maps in your list at once, play some and quite and make another game. You can download Phoenix 1.8.4 here but its not completely stable yet like Rhen Var: Harbor crashes to desktop with a Fatal error because of some testing but its worth having.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

40 custom maps are fine. The Convo Pack counts as 1 map, because it's only 1 folder in the /Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata/Addon directory. The max you can have is 56 addon folders, so if folks have a map pack compiled into one folder (the only other one I know is Squeddie's Map Pack, which rocks) it only counts as one map.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Yeah, you also might want to get the 1.2 patch from SWBF files, it helped me play Alderaan assault.
Off-topic: Tean, does that mean you could just take all of the mod maps in your addon folder and shove them into another map's folder, or would that not work?
darthscypter

Post by darthscypter »

Thanks guys. I tried the thing where you turn off light bloom and it works alot better now. Thanks so much. I cant wait for the version 1.9.1 to come out!!!! :thumbs: :D :bowdown:
tylerman29
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: LoL SWBFII

Post by tylerman29 »

no problem enjoy! :thumbs: