Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Post by Maveritchell »

In regards to your questions about extra Galactic Conquests - the only "extra" Galactic Conquests available (anywhere!) are the custom KotOR Galactic Conquests. If you heard about the mod via ModDB; you will note that the Galactic Conquests are available there as a separate download.

Once you get your 1.1 patch issue sorted out; if you need a link just let us know and we will be happy to provide.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AlexSecura »

Hey Mav.
Im not sure if anyone asked this before but is it possible to add Dark Times to the Conversion Pack
and if so You want to do it?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

AlexSecura wrote:Hey Mav.
Im not sure if anyone asked this before but is it possible to add Dark Times to the Conversion Pack
It is possible, but I want to let the Conversion Pack be its own mod and I'm not going to mix the two.
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: RotS [Media section for details]
Games I'm Playing :: Lego Harry Potter

Post by darthtyren »

I wouldn't want to mix them either.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by AlexSecura »

Maveritchell wrote:
AlexSecura wrote:Hey Mav.
It is possible, but I want to let the Conversion Pack be its own mod and I'm not going to mix the two.
Sad but Thanks for answering :wink:
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

Maps work great and everythings fine.

....But one question. On some maps, like concord dawn, theres no SWBF2 conquest. Is that normal?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

inky wrote:Is that normal?
Yes, conquest, for example, was cut from Concord Dawn since having both conquest and uber mode would be redundant. Uber, or conquest with a lot more units on the field at once, was preferred since Concord Dawn is a very large map.
frede123
Private Recruit

Post by frede123 »

Hey there! im trying to make your great pack work. But first time i installed it i could see a few changes, but not the new era and when i started a game then it crashed.

I've now re-installed the game, and downloaded patch 1.1 from the lucasarts website, but when i try to run the exe for patch 1.1 it says "this update is not compatible with your version of star wars battlefront II!"

Can anyone help me out here ?
Thx in advance.

EDIT
Also, when i install it, i dont see any new maps.
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: RotS [Media section for details]
Games I'm Playing :: Lego Harry Potter

Post by darthtyren »

frede123 wrote:Hey there! im trying to make your great pack work. But first time i installed it i could see a few changes, but not the new era and when i started a game then it crashed.

I've now re-installed the game, and downloaded patch 1.1 from the lucasarts website, but when i try to run the exe for patch 1.1 it says "this update is not compatible with your version of star wars battlefront II!"

Can anyone help me out here ?
Thx in advance.
Try the Filefront download, but choose to run it instead of save it.
frede123 wrote:Also, when i install it, i dont see any new maps.
The pack doesn't have the orange color of new maps. At the top of the list you should see Alderaan.
frede123
Private Recruit

Post by frede123 »

No, theres no new maps at all.
I have the digital version of BF2 baught from steam, i've noticed that its automatically updated to 1.1.

But still, the pack doesnt work when i install it, please help.

EDIT
I did download it from filefront, but i only had the option to save, not to run it. Is this maybe because im using firefox ?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Yessir, that would be the reason.
Go to where Firefox saved the .exe and run it. If you still don't see the new maps, the Convo Pack comes with a Help file in its documentation folder (if it installs properly). Look in there before posting here if you have any other problems.
frede123
Private Recruit

Post by frede123 »

Hey there, this time i downloaded it from internet explorer, and i could choose run instead of save.
So i did, but when i had downloaded the pack and tried to install it, then it said i dont have battlefrontll.exe or something like that.

I have read the help docs but i cant seem to find a solution.

EDIT: I've also noticed that when i install the game from steam, i dont get a SWBF2 folder in C:/Program files/LucasArts, can that be the reason for the missing battlefrontll.exe ?

Also, do i need the 1.3 patch or is it included in the pack, and do i need to dl 2.2 to make it work ?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

You're going to need to install it to (I believe) "C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common" because that's where your Battlefront II folder with the GameData and .exe things will be located. Just make sure that wherever the installer automatically directs the download to, the last folder, name stays the same, because it's been so long since I've downloaded this and I'm not sure where the installer puts it. (ie, if its LucasArts/Star Wars Battlefront II, make sure you go to common/Battlefront II. If it's GameData, locate where steam put your GameData folder.)
NOTE: It will be Program Files(x86) if you are using Vista or Win7. Also, if you are using Win7, you will need THIS version of the v1.3 patch. Download it to the same "Steam/SteamApps/common/Star Wars Battlefront II" location as you did the conversion pack.

As for your last two questions, yes you will need the 1.3 patch, it is included, but the included version doesn't work with Win7. Just use the version I gave you already. And you need to get this 2.0 version up and running before you should worry about 2.2, otherwise 2.2's installation will fail, as well.
frede123
Private Recruit

Post by frede123 »

Hey mate! thx for helping me! It works now, and to everyone else who have used time to help me out, thx!

And to the developers, effing nice job!

EDIT: One thing i dislike, that the clones have the small emperial rifles now instead of the original long rifles, is there some way i can change that ?
peach
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by peach »

Is this the last conversion pack of star wars battlefront 2? If not, where can i find the lastest?
have i to put its in the addon's folder and then?
Are there kit fisto, alderaan?
Is there the gamemodes where there are a lot of bot ? (i think it's name is extraconquest)

I'm sorry for what i wrote but i'm not english, and i'm not so good at it
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

this is the latest convo pack, but they made a pack with bug fixes found here
note: you need the convo pack 2.0 installed and working to get this one to work
frede123 wrote:EDIT: One thing i dislike, that the clones have the small emperial rifles now instead of the original long rifles, is there some way i can change that ?
it's not the imperials rifles, it's the blaster carbins used by the clones
xsl2
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: sw bf2

Post by xsl2 »

Halo,

I have a problem with download. I live in Poland and I use proxy to download files becoause my country is blocked for downloading like most. BTW when I download CONVO PACK 2.0 after .zip archive is broken... Propably not everything was downloaded. Any1 can give me link to another website where I can download (good website). This will work when i copy 1.1.exe to gamedata when I want to test convo pack? Because I don't want to uninstall game everytime when I play in 1.0 and if you can please give me good link to "SWITCHER 1.1 - 1.0" Lucas webiste in FTP IS OFF in filefront some moda has broken file archive only maps works...

BEST<

(PLM)_hoth_two1
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

I added a Google Drive download mirror to the first post in case you're having problems with the ModDB mirror too for whatever reason.
The self extracting archive extracted fine on my machine.
Jhawk
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront EA

Post by Jhawk »

Hi, I'm having problems downloading the Convo Pack on all the links. My computer detects viruses on all three and won't let me download the pack. Please help! :(
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Jhawk wrote:Hi, I'm having problems downloading the Convo Pack on all the links. My computer detects viruses on all three and won't let me download the pack. Please help! :(
If you're getting that error from three different download sources, the issue is with your AV and how it reads the installer. Uploading it somewhere else wouldn't change the false positive you're getting.