Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Post by Maveritchell »

Classic conquest is, for whatever reason, much less stable as a mode than the others. I can't say why - I've fixed every error that makes anything crash every time (including all the errors with Classic Conquest). All I can tell you is to expect Classic Conquest to CTD every once in a while, but don't worry about not being able to play it, since all the maps work the majority of the time.
destos
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by destos »

ummmm..... i got a problem when ever i try and play swbf2 my entire game crashes even before i reach the first load screen...... any ideas i did read the little black box when it was trying to get the new 1.3 patch and it said i didnt have vista or xp.... but i have xp...... could that be the issue?
Tekkenfreak4
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Tekkenfreak4 »

hello. i downloaded the patch and then the gamer crashed before it got to the main menu. i have vista and after i "uninstalled" the convo pack, the game still crashed. so as i type this i am reinstalling the game. i would like some help. please you are my only hope. :faint:

E-mail Address removed - Staff
Last edited by Tekkenfreak4 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster3

Post by Buster3 »

On which maps is
the TIE Crawler and the GAT?
tylerman29
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: LoL SWBFII

Post by tylerman29 »

great work guys!! this is really a piece of work :thumbs: nice gift to come home to since ive been on vacation :o
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hey, I love it how you guys put the right commanders for the right legion like Galactic Marines: Bacura, 42nd: Gree and so forth. But I was wondering... is there any way I could change the rifles of the Clones to put them back to their big long ones? Thanks.
soldierofra
Private Recruit

Post by soldierofra »

Hello everyone, I'm Lenny and I've been lurking in the shadows of this forum for 1.5 years :P
I've been looking forward to this for a very long time!!! I registered today (I actually had an account but I made it at time gametoast sent people a difficult to remember password for them, so I kinda forgot it and lost the mail :P)

I'd like to thank everyone who worked on this a million for all their effort :D

Download's complete, but are there any things I need to know before installing?
Will it work with a 1.0 version? Because when I installed v1.1 I get an error saying to insert the original disk, I've scanned lucasarts tech support forums but I found no real fix, except for a lot of people with the same problem. I ran all other versions for this great mod with 1.0 before, maybe a possible cause of some occasional ctd's (in previous versions).

BFX 2.1's version requires the 1.9 patch and the phoenix patch, will it also work this (the 2.0 final)?µ

Thank you again
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

BFX doesn't work with 2.0 just yet. At least not from what I've heard, I could be wrong.
Skipper 24
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Skipper 24 »

BFX 2.1 does work almost entirely well for conquest any way. The only map that doesn't work with the BFX sides That I have found is Geonosis as well as all the new Convo pack maps obviously.
soldierofra
Private Recruit

Post by soldierofra »

Ah then I'll wait a bit :) , I don't want to reinstall again; been busy all evening trying all sorts of fixes for the 1.1 patch (with no luck), but will it also work on 1.0? In a thread about a previous version I have read it will but it'll be a bit more unstable.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Does anyone have a answer for me?
Skipper 24
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Skipper 24 »

What was your question?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Nova Hawk wrote:Does anyone have a answer for me?
The rifles are how they are, but you can switch to a DC-15a (that's the long one, right?) as the award rifle.

Note that you can change the sides back to how they originally were on the stock maps (run menu.bat, remove side changes), but for any maps with custom legions, you're stuck with those setups.
lordbane2110
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by lordbane2110 »

i have version 1.1 installed though it doesn't say that i have

it still reads version 1.0, that maybe due to me using a no cd patch though
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

destos wrote:ummmm..... i got a problem when ever i try and play swbf2 my entire game crashes even before i reach the first load screen...... any ideas i did read the little black box when it was trying to get the new 1.3 patch and it said i didnt have vista or xp.... but i have xp...... could that be the issue?
If I'm understanding your problem correctly, I had that one too at first. When you reinstall the game, make sure that every trace of your previous installation is gone from the newly installed files. If you had any mods running in the game before reinstallation, their files probably were left behind somewhere in your GameData folder. I'd also clean out your Addon folder. Once that's finished, try reinstalling the Conversion Pack.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Alright, thanks Mav. I guess I'm stuck with the smallies.
Andy88

Post by Andy88 »

Waytoo big man! :shock: :maulsaber: Lol. Don't make it biger! And when I saw the size...... :eek: BIG!
Deathpit
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Deathpit »

Awesome mod. Anything's fixed up and run good.

One problem I found in game... I picked imperial engineer and piloted the TIE Crawler through the Tatooine Dune Sea. My tank got damaged but engineer's special ability dont repairing it. I had to exit the crawler and repairing it in safe spot. Did the mod disable all engineer's and pilot's ability or just a bug?

By way, thanks for put TIE Crawlers in BF2! I love them! Im pretty annoyed by Rebels who kept stealing them from Imperials. :P
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hey, I need help. For some reason when I play as a stormtrooper I am really white. Like pale-white, and I dunno what's happening. And it's only for the stormtrooper like the Shock trooper and Scout don't have this problem. I tried taking a pic of it but whenever I tried to put it on it didn't show the problem. Can someone help me?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

lordbane2110 wrote:i have version 1.1 installed though it doesn't say that i have it still reads version 1.0, that maybe due to me using a no cd patch though
The exe is where almost all of the v1.1 changes were. If your game displays v1.0, then thats what it really is. There are safer ways to bypass the cd check then by replacing your exe with a hacked version, you should find one of them. GameToast does not and will not support cracked games, even if its legal in your country to do so.

@destos: What version exactly of Windows are you using? The v1.3 installer doesn't work on XP Media Center. Its expected to get two errors at the beginning of the v1.3 installer, but three errors is a problem... What exactly was the error? If you don't remember, look for and run menu.bat under the v1.3path folder in swbf2's _LVL_PC folder (I think thats where its at...). When you run menu.bat, it will give you the option to install/uninstall the v1.3 path again.