Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Post by Maveritchell »

Dom380 wrote:how can I fully uninstall the pack because its kinda messed up and their are no instructions on how to uninstall it.
That's kind've funny, because I know that there are uninstall instructions. If you would please kindly do us the honor of reading the documentation that came with the mod, I'm sure you couldn't help to notice the "Uninstallation Help" included in the "Conversion Pack help" document (Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Conversion Pack documentation).

It's also worth mentioning that you haven't installed the 1.3 patch right if you still have errors, and you probably haven't installed the 2.2 patch to the Pack, either.

It's worth mentioning too that you may have mitigating factors impeding correct mod installs/uninstalls if you have Vista (which you could find out about by searching here), and we'll be happy to answer those questions. You will of course have to actually ask the question, though, and maybe even do a little searching for an answer.
impspy
Captain
Captain
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by impspy »

I found a problem in the Methlyn Map at command post 4:
Hidden/Spoiler:
They seem to be some kind of ceiling light, cause I can walk right through them.

Note: this is all eras
Last edited by impspy on Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK432
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by TK432 »

They seem to be some kind of ceiling light, cause I can walk right through them.
Yeah I've got the same problem
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

the texture is missing, thats a known bug
Dom380
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Dom380 »

Maveritchell wrote:
Dom380 wrote:how can I fully uninstall the pack because its kinda messed up and their are no instructions on how to uninstall it.
That's kind've funny, because I know that there are uninstall instructions. If you would please kindly do us the honor of reading the documentation that came with the mod, I'm sure you couldn't help to notice the "Uninstallation Help" included in the "Conversion Pack help" document (Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Conversion Pack documentation).

It's also worth mentioning that you haven't installed the 1.3 patch right if you still have errors, and you probably haven't installed the 2.2 patch to the Pack, either.

It's worth mentioning too that you may have mitigating factors impeding correct mod installs/uninstalls if you have Vista (which you could find out about by searching here), and we'll be happy to answer those questions. You will of course have to actually ask the question, though, and maybe even do a little searching for an answer.
will to start with I have installed 1.3 patch right because other mods that use it work just fine its just the convo pack and i know about the uninstall inscrutions and I followed them but the maps are still in game and playable
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

then you maybe did something wrong?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Dom380 wrote:will to start with I have installed 1.3 patch right because other mods that use it work just fine its just the convo pack and i know about the uninstall inscrutions and I followed them but the maps are still in game and playable
Since you insist that something impossible is true, namely that you installed both the 1.3 patch and the Conversion Pack correctly and it still doesn't work, I am going to have to guess at what your problem is (or you may feel free to provide some more pertinent information, that may better my diagnosis).

You are running Windows Vista. Browse to your Battlefront directory. Click the "Compatibility Files" tab. Remove anything in the addon there (or any part of the 1.3 patch). Now install the Conversion Pack (and the 2.2 patch) correctly.
Dom380
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Dom380 »

ok thanks for the help this is why I hate vista makes everything much harder then it needs to be
Ivaonovich
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Ivaonovich »

Hello,
I new to this whole thing. I didnt even know there was a mob of this calibre being made. Ive played it a bit and Instant Action works great. There are two problems however that i have encountered. First is more of an aesthetic thing. Are there supposed to be actual names for the maps in the Instant Action list or is it just supposed to be numbers and a couple letters, because that is what is showing up for me. Its not essential to fix, but it is slightly annoying that i dont actually know what map i am playing until it loads. The next problem ive had is a more serious one. I have read several posts about how great the new Galactic Conquests are, but i cant seem to access any of them. Perhaps i am just slightly retarded... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ivanovich
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Welcome to Gametoast. To fix the problem you are having, download and install the Official 1.1 patch for SWBF2 from the Lucasarts web site. Be sure to also download and install the Conversion Pack 2.2 patch as well (it's an improvement over 2.0).
Ivaonovich
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Ivaonovich »

I have done both already. I am currently in the process of reinstalling everything, i was just curious if anyone else has had these problems and/or if there is a fix that i didnt know about.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

I didn't think the Conversion Pack had any included Galactic Conquests. I know Maveritchell released a couple KotOR ones seperate from the pack, but that's it.
Ivaonovich
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Ivaonovich »

Ok then that answers the question about the galactic conquests. I must have just misread something... But the question about the map names still remains. I tried reinstalling everything, and the same thing happened. Im getting names like ATX %s%s and stuff like that. Heck, id be willing to manually change all the names myself if there isnt a fix, but i cant figure out how to do that...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

You have to be running version 1.1 of the game. Most features will work in version 1.0, but we don't support it.
Ivaonovich
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Ivaonovich »

I am running v1.1... I even did a clean reinstall. First BR2, then v1.1, the conversion pack 2.0, then the update to the conversion pack to 2.2. The same problems are still present.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

What language is your game?
Ivaonovich
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Ivaonovich »

English. Its an International DVD version, but everything is in English
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Did you make sure to get the 1.1 patch that is specific to the international DVD version?
Ivaonovich
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Ivaonovich »

Yes, i got the right patch. I just noticed something however. When i enter the game, it still says in the upper right hand corner of the menu screen that i am running Battlefront 2 v1.0, despite the fact that i have updated it...
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

That obviously means that the patch isn't installing correctly. If it were me, I'd try the other 1.1 patches just to make sure, though I wouldn't really expect much.

Regardless, I think that any problems or questions you have about the SWBF1 Pack are solved or answered.