fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

No KotOR Era

Post by fai222 »

I got a problem. The kotor era doesnt show up. This is very stupid because it was what i looked most forward to play as in the Conversion pack 2.0. I have tried to move the files in the backup folder to the LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\data\_lvl_pc but that didnt work either. Please help me!
Hidden/Spoiler:
ARC_Trooper_phi658
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Re: No KotOR Era

Post by ARC_Trooper_phi658 »

this happened to me too, the first time. It's probably because the 1.3 patch didn't install correctly. Try this, after you install the pack with the installer, go to your gamedata folder and click on the v1.3patch folder. A screen will pop up and you should read it carefully and follow its directions. The Kotor era should work after that.
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by fai222 »

I dont realy understand what you meen. A screen pop up when i open the v1.3patch folder? Do i have to reinstal the conversion pack to get this screen to pop up?

EDIT: Are you talking about the menu.bat? If i try to run it a small box open and close in 0.2 sec and nothing more.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I would suggest you reinstall SWBF2 and repatch. There are a couple of potential problems you might have, just looking at that screenshot and hearing what you described.

-That screenshot indicates that you might have two versions of the Pack installed, or possibly +123 (which right now is incompatible).
-You may have Battlefront installed to an odd folder configuration in which the 1.3 patch doesn't patch (I had to work someone through this; for optimal installation it's best to have SWBF2 installed to C:\Program Files)

However, I'd be inclined to say that it's more along the lines of the first issue (too many other mods or addons), because 100% guaranteed that the KotOR era will show up in some way (along with the extra modes) if you install those backup files correctly.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

All I had to do to fix this was to copy and past the shell.lvl into data/lvl_pc. Then, it's there, just... The modes/KotOR era are unlocalized, and you'll need the strings.
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by fai222 »

Maveritchell wrote:....That screenshot indicates that you might have two versions of the Pack installed, or possibly +123 (which right now is incompatible)....
When you say that i remember that i got some of the maps from a early conversion pack in my game but i cant play them, it says "could not find mission lvl", but the wierd thing is that i have never instaled the one of the Conversion packs. I have only downloaded some of the assets and it came after i downloaded a asset i think.
Anyway ill try the things you guys have told me.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

The picture tells me that you do not have the shell.lvl from the v1.3 patch (no preview video box). As the shell.lvl shouldn't fail by itself, I must assume the entire v1.3 patch didn't get installed too.

menu.bat shouldn't be closing before at least it prompts you to press Enter. Exactly what version of Windows are you using (XP 32bit, XP Media Center, XP 64bit, XP Pro, XP Home, Vista Home, etc...)? Open up menu.bat in a text editor and put pause on a new line after every line for about the first 16 lines with content. As shown here:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]@echo off
pause
title SWBF2 UnOfficial v1.3 Patch r83
pause
echo.
pause

REM setup all the file/folder paths
REM delims is a TAB followed by a space

echo Checking Windows XP
pause
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\1.0" /v ExePath') DO SET check_xp=%%B
pause
echo Checking Windows Vista 32bit
pause
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\1.0" /v ExePath') DO SET check_vista_32=%%B
pause
echo Checking Windows Vista 64bit
pause
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\1.0" /v ExePath') DO SET check_vista_64=%%B
pause
echo You should have two registry key errors above this line. You can safly ignore them.
pause

IF EXIST "%check_xp%" (SET swbf2=%check_xp%)
pause
IF EXIST "%check_vista_32%" (SET swbf2=%check_vista_32%)
pause
IF EXIST "%check_vista_64%" (SET swbf2=%check_vista_64%)
pause

SET swbf2=%swbf2:BattlefrontII.exe=%
pause
SET installed=%swbf2%..\v1.3patch\settings\installed.txt
pause
SET hasHud=%swbf2%..\v1.3patch\settings\hasHud.txt
SET hasSides=%swbf2%..\v1.3patch\settings\hasSides.txt
SET noAwards=%swbf2%..\v1.3patch\settings\noAwards.txt[/code]
Save and run menu.bat again. At every pause you added it will prompt you to 'press any key to continue'. Count how many times you are prompted before it closes and this will tell you exactly where the error is occuring.

Edit: Oh stupid me. Instead of the above, open up a DOS prompt to the folder menu.bat is in: Start Menu -> Run -> cmd -> cd "<v1.3patch>" (where v1.3patch is the full path to the folder menu.bat is in. You do need those quotes, but not the brackets). Type: menu.bat > log.txt and press Enter. This will output all the text from menu.bat into the file log.txt. Open up log.txt to see the error. NOTE: this will only work if menu.bat exits without asking for any user input. Any prompts will be written out to the text file, but it will still expect you to answer them (but you won't be able to see the question).

General info: If you ever need to exit something running in a DOS window, press [Ctrl] + [c] then [y] then [Enter].
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by fai222 »

Im running Vista Home Edition 64bit.

EDIT:How do I open a DOS prompt to the folder menu.bat is in?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

fai222 wrote:...How do I open a DOS prompt to the folder menu.bat is in?
See: http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2006 ... -here.aspx
Here's a trick that I don't think many people are aware of. Right-click on any folder on your Windows Vista machine while holding down the shift key. You'll see an extra context-sensitive menu item there: Open Command Prompt here. Just click on this menu and a command window will open with the current working directory set to the folder's actual location.
In Vista, a DOS Prompt is called a Command Prompt.
LtBehr

Post by LtBehr »

Im having a similar problem except with making a Map with the mod tools...

there are no visual problems that i see while munging and all but when I run swbf2 the maps show up with the %s_%s thing... then when i try to run the map it crashes with FATAL: Could not open mission.lvl I tried resetting the directory to where it munges (C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon) and it doesnt show up in the folder at all
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Welcome to Gametoast.
LtBehr wrote:Im having a similar problem except with making a Map with the mod tools..
Which isn't related to the Conversion Pack.
there are no visual problems that i see while munging and all but when I run swbf2 the maps show up with the %s_%s thing...
Make sure you have the Official Patch 1.1 installed.
then when i try to run the map it crashes with FATAL: Could not open mission.lvl
You may have too many missions installed.
I tried resetting the directory to where it munges (C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon) and it doesnt show up in the folder at all
From The FAQ / Everything You Need Thread in the SWBF2 Modding forum:
The FAQ / Everything You Need Thread wrote:Question - I'm using Vista and I munged my new map but it isn't showing up here:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Addon
so where is it?
Answer - Your newly munged map might have been copied to this location:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Addon
Jango40

Post by Jango40 »

i installed convopack2.0 and 2.2...all folders where in right place and all seemed working propely so i runned swbf2 and nothing showed,just these things from unoffical patch 1.3 could somebody help me with that? :cpu: and I installed battlefront in D:\
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

inkheart

Post by inkheart »

Hi.
I'm new in here. I seem to have the same problem with "no KotOR Era". I searched through the forum and did everything they said, but I still don't have it. BF2 is installed in: C:\program files\lucasarts\star wars battlefront II\.

Patch 1.1 international installed. Patch 1.3 installed and after running menu.bat, it says it works. ConPack 2.2 installed.

All installed in order:
1. BF2
2. Patch 1.1
3. ConvPack 2.0
4. ConPack 2.2

No KotOR Era.. any suggestions, please.. ?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

You should try installing the latest version of the 1.3 patch that Zerted linked to in the post just above yours.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

My website will be almost always down for at least the next month (I'm home from college). You'll have to find the download somewhere else.
frede123
Private Recruit

Post by frede123 »

Zerted ? is there a possibility that you can give me a link to that patch 1.3 you posted a link for earlier ?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »