Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

HAZARD
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Error

Post by HAZARD »

For some reason when installing the Conversion Pack, Upon Completion of the install..The following message appeared:
After this, the file wasn't even under the Battlefront II Game Data. It's like it didn't install because of this. Can someone explain what went wrong and how I can fix this? Thanks in Advance!
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Re: Error

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

HAZARD wrote:After this, the file wasn't even under the Battlefront II Game Data. It's like it didn't install because of this. Can someone explain what went wrong and how I can fix this? Thanks in Advance!
What file are you talking about not being under GameData? Of course the v1.3 patch didn't install, it says: Safty check failed... Halting to prevent possible folder damage (I know, I spelled safety wrong, woops).

The problem is that the installer can't automatically determine where your swbf2 folder is located. I plan to release another v1.3 patch later this weekend that will fix these problems. If you can't wait until next week, the read through the convo pack's released topic. It has instructions on how to edit menu.bat to fix this problem.

Also, exactly what version of Windows do you have? (XP Media Center, XP 32bit, XP 64bit, XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home, etc...)
HAZARD
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by HAZARD »

Hey, it's me again. Been inactive. I finally figured out how to install it but (forgot what i did now :p ) now i have the exact same error trying to uninstall it. I need to uninstall it to install the new one that was released and the same error message comes up, even with the menu.bat files. I'm using windows xp. Can you help?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

What new one? There hasn't been another full release of the Conversion Pack since you last posted. There's the 2.2 patch, but that's not a full version, it simply installs over the 2.0 version. You don't need to (and shouldn't, because it won't work) uninstall 2.0 to install 2.2.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Don't worry about uninstalling it. The v2.2 patch on the conversion pack includes r117 of the v1.3 patch. Simply install the v2.2 patch and you'll be fine.

If you don't want the conversion pack but still want v1.3, just install r117 on top of r83. I never tested it, but it should work.

If you're still having issues, it might just be faster to delete everything (but backup your profile) and reinstall swbf2.