Is there any way to remove the DC-15S Blaster as main wep?

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Wifout Teef

Is there any way to remove the DC-15S Blaster as main wep?

Post by Wifout Teef »

Hi I love this mod a ton and I think it's cool that you added the DC-15S Blaster Carbine as the main clone trooper weapon. This is really cool in levels like Coruscant because they didn't use the DC-15A Blaster Rifle since it was close quarters.

I'm kinda bothered by the fact that all clones always use the Carbine in all levels instead of the regular blaster rifle. Also it's kinda silly to see a clone holding the carbine like a rifle, and then take out his pistol, which is the exact same weapon and have it do less damage and stuff. Is there any way to remove the carbine from being the main weapon? I don't want to uninstall the whole mod. I just want to remove the carbine from being the primary weapon. Tell me any way to remove it. I don't mind if it removes some other skins for the 501st units.

Thanks in advance.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Is there any way to remove the DC-15S Blaster as main wep?

Post by Maveritchell »

The visually upgraded sides can be removed through the 1.3 patch's "menu.bat." Also, the DC-15A rifle is the award version of the regular rifle, so if you want to run around with that rifle, all you need to do is unlock the "frenzy" award.
Wifout Teef

Post by Wifout Teef »

I moved the menu.bat file to my desktop. Does that count as deleting it? It didn't work.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Wifout Teef wrote:I moved the menu.bat file to my desktop. Does that count as deleting it? It didn't work.
It didn't work because that's not what you needed to do. You need to run the menu.bat (in its original location) and it will give you the option to remove the sides.
Wifout Teef

Post by Wifout Teef »

Ohhhh. Ok. Thanks for your help!