Possible method to have Convos New Sides on stock Maps?

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

KayRule

Possible method to have Convos New Sides on stock Maps?

Post by KayRule »

Is there a method to going about getting the Convo's new sides into the stock maps? I know this will break my online compatibility, but I honestly don't care. I have ended up secluding myself to the maps only included in the pack, solely for using the units.

If there is a way, could someone list the instructions on going about doing this? Or if there is already a sidemod that exists that does this, could someone link me to it?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Possible method to have Convos New Sides on stock Maps?

Post by Maveritchell »

The way you would do this would be the same as making any sides mod. You would have to be familiar with either editing your stock mission.lvl by adding in new units to stock maps, or you would have to be familiar with creating an era mod, which does the same minus breaking compatibility with anything else.

There is not a sides mod that does this; there are, however, several different sides mods available that add on extra units to stock maps. Some of them can be found as GT featured mods, while others are available on SWBFFiles and here in our Released maps/mods forum.
KayRule

Post by KayRule »

Maveritchell wrote:The way you would do this would be the same as making any sides mod. You would have to be familiar with either editing your stock mission.lvl by adding in new units to stock maps, or you would have to be familiar with creating an era mod, which does the same minus breaking compatibility with anything else.

There is not a sides mod that does this; there are, however, several different sides mods available that add on extra units to stock maps. Some of them can be found as GT featured mods, while others are available on SWBFFiles and here in our Released maps/mods forum.
Could you please point me in the right direction into getting started (i.e tutorials), as I have no experience with making my own side mods or sides mods :( . Thanks for the quick reply.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

you could read the gettingstarted.doc :P in the swbf2 modtools documentation folder aswell as the other docs there