Conversion Pack Only Working Partially

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

cj_h4x0r

Conversion Pack Only Working Partially

Post by cj_h4x0r »

I just got back into BFII, and I couldn't wait to play it with the conversion pack because I'm a Star Wars nerd... However after installing the mod I noticed some things weren't working. The extra units on the maps are not working. If I make a game on say mustafar, I have the basic BFII units on there and not the extra ones or the cooler skins for the clone troopers. If I play on a map from BFI then the units are there. Or if I play the Kotor era the extra units are there. Same thing on all of the normal BFII maps, Kashyyyk, Mygeeto, etc... I have Windows 7 x64 installed and I have done a clean install of BFII, then the 1.1 patch, then the conversion pack 2.0 installation, then the conversion pack 2.2 patch. Since I had the conversion pack on before I thought it could be the 2.2 patch, so doing a clean install again and the 1.1 patch and the conversion pack 2.0 it does the same thing. I had this on my laptop a while ago when it had vista on it and it worked then, I'm not quite sure why it isn't working now. I have searched around and I have not found any problems similar to mine. I have tried different compatibility modes, instant action, multiplayer, single player campaign, galactic conquest, etc... In any case I do not get the new skins or the new units/vehicles! Any ideas? I mean I could play the normal BFII...but I have a thing for the galactic marines and it's just not cool to play normal clone troopers on Mygeeto...or have bright white armor on Kashyyyk... :runaway:

Thanks!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Conversion Pack Only Working Partially

Post by Maveritchell »

If I make a game on say mustafar, I have the basic BFII units on there and not the extra ones or the cooler skins for the clone troopers.
So everything's working like it should.

The Conversion Pack doesn't change anything, it just adds on to the game. It doesn't change stock missions so that it doesn't break online compatibility.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Except for Kashyyyk XL Clone Wars era which is the only stock mode that features the custom sides/extra unit types.
cj_h4x0r

Post by cj_h4x0r »

Really? I remember being these darker clones with red details on my armor when I was on Mustafar, and on Kashyyyk I had the camouflage clone armor, was this all a dream? Almost none of the maps have the extra units, I distinctly remember killing some droids on Utapau with a republic commando, which isn't possible now... Are you sure that this mod doesn't add other units?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

was this all a dream?
That or you are totally confusing the Conversion Pack with another mod.
Are you sure that this mod doesn't add other units?
It does but only to the extra maps it adds. Maybe you should read the two posts before yours again?
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

Maby u had bfx installed?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Agreed, you're thinking BFX 2.2.
LINK: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... reme;96607
Look familiar?
cj_h4x0r

Post by cj_h4x0r »

It was the 2.2 at the end, got me confused! Thanks for all of the help!