Steam and The Conversion Pack

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Argive
Recruit Womprat Killer

Steam and The Conversion Pack

Post by Argive »

I apologize if this question has already been posted, but I recently bought BF2 on steam. I am running Windows 7 on a modern Gateway Computer, and the stock game runs like butter. I have installed the main pack and the patch, yet see no changes. Do I have to set other launch options? Manual instillation is useless, because all of the proper files are in place Help?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Steam and The Conversion Pack

Post by Maveritchell »

There are no launch options to set; any mod you run for SWBF2 runs out of the game's main shell.

If you're having problems seeing the mod it is likely that your install was not complete. Please confirm whether or not there is a folder in your "...Battlefront II\GameData\addon" directory called "BF1." If there is not (or if you did not make an addon directory), you had an installation mistake and you'll need to install it manually (which we'll be happy to help you with).
Argive
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Argive »

Here it goes:

My main folder deriving directly from the BF2 main folder has the Direct X, Gamedata and install

folders, along with a 6060 launch app icon (steam related). Inside the game data folder is an

addon folder, a DATA folder, another Gamedata folder (is that not correct?) and then a

savegame folder and the exe. Inside the second Game Data folder is a folder called addons and

inside (along with five others) that is the BF1 folder- am I supposed to empty that second game

data folder into the main one ofr something along those lines?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

You should not have two GameData folders, what you did when you installed it was simply installing it to a directory too far in. Cut the "addon" folder out of the second (otherwise empty) GameData folder and paste it into the "real" GameData folder. You'll only ever have one addon folder and one GameData folder.

Once you've done that make sure to install the 2.2 patch for the Conversion Pack as well.
Argive
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Argive »

Got it! Great quality in this mod! Not sure how exactly I managed to install it that way, but no matter. One question though- is there supposed to be a KotOR galactic Conquest, because I do not seem to be getting one.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

KotOR Galactic Conquest is actually a separate download. You can get it here: http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=16547 :)
Argive
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Argive »

Sounds good. Thanks for al your help!

EDIT: Actually, while everything else is working terrificly, Hero Assault for the Clone Wars fails to work, and the Hero Capture the flag contains only half the heros (no Plo Koon or Lumaria). Any suggestions?

Double posting is against the RULES, please EDIT your post instead -Staff
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Clone Wars Hero Assault is not an available mode on any of the maps. Not all heroes/villians will be present in a given Hero CTF mode as there are more of them than there are slots available. It is all normal, you are not experiencing any problems.
Argive
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Argive »

OK thank you.