Map Crashing

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Ping
Sith
Sith

Map Crashing

Post by Ping »

Alright, so on my new comp, I tried installing the Convo Pack and the 2.2 patch. However, even with my options set at the lowest graphical setting, the maps still crash to the desktop - this also includes stock maps. My operating system is Windows 7. I also suspect that the main problem is the fact that I installed the latest 1.3 patch before the Convo Pack, however, my machine just does not want to listen to the .bat menus in the 1.3 patch when I try to uninstall it (keeps saying "Access of service is denied"). Any help would be appreciated.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Map Crashing

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Here use this version of the 1.3 patch.
http://www.filefront.com/16726871/SWBF2 ... n-129.exe/
It doesn't add the stock side changes, so you'll have to get the 1.2 patch if you want the cool, upgraded 501st Legion (and other changes the previous versions of the 1.3 patch made to the sides) on the stock maps, but it's the only version that will work with Win7.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Here use this version of the 1.3 patch.
http://www.filefront.com/16726871/SWBF2 ... n-129.exe/
It doesn't add the stock side changes, so you'll have to get the 1.2 patch if you want the cool, upgraded 501st Legion (and other changes the previous versions of the 1.3 patch made to the sides) on the stock maps, but it's the only version that will work with Win7.
I'm getting a 404 error when I try to download it.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Alright, well Mav's got that version bundled with DTII, so downloading that should fix it.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Filefront appears to be having a database error, so it looks like I'm going to have to be a little more patient.

Edit: Well, this is pretty d***ed annoying. Installing Rising Son didn't work, so I used the installer provided in the download to get 1.3 on there. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. It might be because I installed it over an older version of patch 1.3, but that's the only problem I can think of. Any suggestions?
starwars101
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by starwars101 »

Some problem here,every time i go to any map it loads but then crashes to desktop and the patch thing i download and i still got nothing new only the mandolorian wars, hero ctf , kotor and stuff like that the 1.3 patch did nothing.HELP MEH IM GOING CRAZEH :runaway:
lazeckvar
Projects :: i cant mod or map for my life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: if you knew, a shady band of arminians would have to kill you

Post by lazeckvar »

im having this problom to. althogh im affraid it might be because of an issue battlefront 2 has with wide screen moniters. (i THINK. not entirely sure) it might sound silly, but older games that never had the wide screen resolutions programed into them have been know to crash when moded in the past. battlefield 2 and battlefield 2142 are prime examples. iv been able to fix it in the past by doin some fancy extensions in the target properties for exe's, but i havnt been able to test the theory for this one because i keep forgetting the exact widescreen extension, as i dont know it by heart. well, at any rate, im having the exact same problom you guys are having. everything installed correctly, accept it keeps crashing when i try to launch a map. any map really. well, i hope my theory helps in any way possible to those who are a little more familiar with editing target exe extensions. heres an example to show you guys wut i mean by that.

ex: "target: c:\program files\dice\battlefield 1942\launch.exe-setwidescreen 1:

the blue is an example of editing the exe to work with widescreen. (please not its not valid. im just showing you an example of wut it might look like. so dont try copying that exact part of the extension.)
again. hope that theory helps.