Slight Issue

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

LordK

Slight Issue

Post by LordK »

Okay, so I have the Conversion pack installed, and it works beautifully. Only a minor hiccup. This, I fear will probably be something ridiculously simple, or I've obviously had another bout of brain flatulence and missed something, but this is my issue:

Is this normal? Or is it the result of me not doing something I should've?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Slight Issue

Post by Teancum »

It's normal ... sortof. Long story short is that version 1.0 of the game isn't supported. To get everything to work properly you have to be running v1.1. Version 1.1 fixes a lot of instabilities that would affect the Convo Pack, plus there's not a no-CD patch for v1.1, so it keeps people honest. :thumbs:
LordK

Post by LordK »

Ah. Alas I think I might be stuck with this. You see, I did install the V1.1 patch, but I ran into a little problem where the game would go through the main startup before telling me I had the wrong disc inserted. I tried for hours to find a solution, but to no avail. The only way I could get the game working, was to keep it a 1.0. However, this might be an oversight by myself. I may have installed the wrong patch, despite my belief there was only one patch that would work for me.

Short version;

v1.1 don't work for me. 1.0 does. Unless I'm again, too plain stupid to see the solution under my nose. So uh, yes, might there be a solution I'm ignorant to?
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

you get this message if youve installed the wrong version of the 1.1 patch, try some other versions
it seems like the .exe only recognized the dvd/cd with the appropriate (language) version of battlefront
i had to install the international 8including german) patch to get an english battlefront to recognize my german dvd for example
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:you get this message if youve installed the wrong version of the 1.1 patch...
Not necessarily, I had the same message even when the correct 1.1 patch from HERE was installed, my game wouldn't allow anything but the correct patch to install. I always run the game directly from the battlefrontII.exe.
His problem sounds similar to the one I had, the game worked fine when it was the default 1.0 but after installing the official 1.1 patch the "Wrong disc inserted." message(see image) started appearing even though everything was correct, the solution was a new modified battlefrontII.exe from SecuROM which was emailed to me within 24 hours and is the sure-fire solution as opposed to one of those "I hope this works..." deals.

See THIS post for more information.

Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Marvel4s BF1 Conversion Pack + Era Mod

Post by Marvel4 »

I had the same issue, but it worked after reinstalling the game and by using the game .exe (not the launcher).