Moderator: Moderators

Etriax
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Why won't anything work?!

Post by Etriax »

*sigh*... Okay. This is getting annoying. :x I downloaded SWBF2 on Steam a few days ago, and since then, I've been trying to install the conversion mod. I'm attempting to download the 2.0 version, since the 2.2 thread says no to patch it until 2.0 works. The problem is simple: it doesn't work. None of it works. Not the mod itself, not the new maps (they don't show up), not the new game modes, the new classes, not even the freaking v1.3 patch! None of its shows up!

I've already tried to manually install, but cut/pasting everything into the folder doesn't exactly seem like it would work the way it should. And, really, it doesn't look like anything has changed.

Please, please, PLEASE help a guy out!

Important(?) things:
-None of the new content shows up.
-I play the game through Steam.
-I have version 1.1
-My operating system is Windows XP
-The readme files included with the conversion pack haven't helped me much.
-I'm probably being dumb.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Why won't anything work?!

Post by Maveritchell »

Your base install directory for the Steam version of SWBF2 should be something like "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData" (there may be a missing folder in there) - browse to that folder and confirm that your "BattlefrontII.exe" program resides there.

You did right by trying the manual install to the desktop. When you performed that, you should have gotten a "GameData" folder in there. That you will need to have merged with the GameData folder in your ...\Steam\steamapps\... directory.

To confirm that you've done this right, verify that there exists a folder in your "...\steamapps\...\GameData\addon" folder called "BF1." If that folder exists there, you have likely performed the manual install correctly.

Once you've done that, go ahead and ignore any warning I may have made about not installing 2.2 until afterwards. Go ahead and install that in the same way (manually) and see if there is anything in-game.

If you have only partial features at this point (i.e. no KotOR era, missing modes, etc.), then go ahead and install the standalone (and newer) version of the 1.3 patch:
forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14483
Etriax
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Etriax »

Okay, there are new maps, and new class and heroes. Good job. However, the patch doesn't seem to have fixed anything, and with some of the maps, Alderann in particular, they crash the game as soon as they finish loading. Also, KOTOR and game modes are still missing.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Etriax wrote:Okay, there are new maps, and new class and heroes. Good job. However, the patch doesn't seem to have fixed anything, and with some of the maps, Alderann in particular, they crash the game as soon as they finish loading. Also, KOTOR and game modes are still missing.
If you're missing modes/eras, your 1.3 patch isn't installed correctly. You may need to follow the same manual install procedure with the 1.3 patch.
Etriax
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Etriax »

Cut/pasting it into the GameData folder?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Extract to desktop, and move the appropriate parts to their corresponding folders in GameData, yes.
Etriax
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Etriax »

Gotcha.

Actually, while I've got you... Question: If I download Dann's Rhen Var: Temple map, will it conflict with the conversion mod?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

No. The only types of mods that usually conflict with other mods are side replacement mods: i.e., mods that replace the game's stock sides.
Etriax
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Etriax »

Me again... so, I finally came back and tried again... and I've gotten most of the things to work... I can see the new modes, there's a little "official SWBF2 Map" sticker on instant action, and the v1.3 patch works... all that's missing are some of the hero assault modes and all of the new maps...