Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

EFT
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Mod ALWAYS crashes when try to play-and it's installed right

Post by EFT »

OK.

I did the installation properly (I have Star Wars Battlefront II on steam windows 7) and I installed the mod and everything (I checked the folder to make sure that the BF1 thing was there and it was) but whenever I try to play any of the new maps I get an INSTANT CTD.

What's worse is that it won't even let me play the regular maps. When I select them on instant action and click "add map" nothing happens at all.

What did I do wrong? Why is this happening? Please help. I'd kill to have this mod work and play some of the older maps and stuff.

Thanks for your time!
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Mod ALWAYS crashes when try to play-and it's installed r

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Have you actually TRIED uninstalling the mod and seeing if it fixes the problem? Or are you just theorizing that that's the solution? Because it sounds to me like something got corrupted in the actual game files and has nothing to do with the mod.
EFT
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by EFT »

OK it turns out it was actually a SOUND issue (weird, right?).

I uninstalled the game but somehow a lot of the mod was still there when I re-installed the game (except the KOTOR map modes were gone) and everything worked fine after I corrected the sound issue.

Should I try to re-install the mod again to get the KOTOR stuff? Would that mess stuff up?

Thanks so much for your time/help.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, the sound card problem is pretty common in anything higher than XP. I'm pretty sure we have a tutorial to fix it on this site if you want to play with sounds on, but I have no idea where it is now.

The Conversion Pack files were still there because they aren't recognized by the Battlefront 2 installer. It would probably be for the best if you used the Conversion Pack uninstaller to get rid of it if you can see that there are random pieces missing. A fresh install of the pack should make it work right.

Well, good luck in fixing this. At least you didn't try it on Windows 8 because I don't think many of us have any experience with that yet.