Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

majora
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Trying to remove HUD

Post by majora »

Hi, so I recently downloaded SW:BF2 from steam. The patch v1.1 is automatically installed so I decided to download the conversion mod 2. After a few tries I realised my problem is with the v1.3 patch, the file menu.batch simply disappers off the screen within a second of clicking on it. I managed to find a workaround by downloading the v1.3 patch (setup version) from the battlefront 2 filefront and that allowed me to use all the features of the mod, along with conversion pack 2.2 patch. I have the problem of not being able to turn off the new HUD now though. menu.batch still quickly disappears from the screen. Is there a workaround? A different way to remove the HUD? Thank you
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Trying to remove HUD

Post by AQT »

Just reinstall the new version of the unofficial 1.3 patch. Reinstalling it allows you to choose which features you want to install or not install from a checklist of features.
majora

Post by majora »

Thank you for the fast reply! wasn't sure this forum was still active.
The list of optional features did not appear however. I reinstalled the v1.3 patch (setup version) and was again only given the option of the destination folder (i placed it in star wars battlefront 2 > game data). I hit install and it simply installed again and auto started the game as usual. Am I installing the wrong v1.3 patch or am I installing the complete wrong way?

Here is a link to the mod I downloaded: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... ion;110319

I am thankfull for any help you can give on this, I'm completely at a loss.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Ah, the setup one is actually a very old version. This is the version of the patch that you would to install: http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=14483
majora

Post by majora »

This fix worked perfectly, again, thank you for all your help! :)

EDIT
Just one last question, the patch worked, the HUD returned to normal and the level options are there. I think the conversion mod patch was removed though causing the game to close after loading most levels. Reinstalling this patch doesn't seem to work as, from reading the documentation with the patch, the files needed aren't found in folder specified (Game data > addon > BF1 > data > _LVL_PC > SIDE). The version of the patch I am installing is:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... atch;98307

I install to the corrrect folder ( Battefornt 2 > Game data) and it did work before this new v1.3 patch was installed. Is there a new version I should be using or is there a different way to install this? Thank you.