Moderator: Moderators

PyroJockey
Private Recruit
Projects :: Conversion Pack 2.2 dedicated server
Games I'm Playing :: Descent 1 2 and 3
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Question on Raxus Prime

Post by PyroJockey »

I have been able to get the mission Raxus Prime 2-flag Capture the Flag Galactic Civil War (raxg_ctf) to run on my dedicated server but I have noticed some unusual behavior.

First off I love the look and overall scale of the map including the lone ship slowly floating overhead. It's a shame this is the only Raxus Prime mission that won't crash my dedicated server.

The unusual behavior is that I am unable to control the number of AI. Even with the server manager set for no AI there are always countless AI spawned for this mission. Surprisingly I am unable to control the number of AI using my automatic AI mod which uses a memory hack.

I have done some searching on this site and found several references to an "uber" mode for this mission, but didn't find anything conclusive. Does this mission have unique AI control and Is this the intended behavior?
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Re: Question on Raxus Prime

Post by Locutus »

PyroJockey wrote:Does this mission have unique AI control and Is this the intended behavior?
Yes and yes.
When using regular AI settings the number of bots is limited to 32.
Ubermode gets rid of this limitation and spawns the exact number of bots that are set in the script and is therefore rendering all bot setting possibilities useless.