Wishlist

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Change maps' names from the old BF1 map name to just the name of the planet (Bespin: Platforms -> Bespin, Naboo Plains -> Naboo)
@commander_fusion,
That wouldn't work though because there is already a BF2 Geonosis plus two more Geonosis maps so there would be three entries saying Geonosis... same thing with Naboo and others....
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I have two Raxus Primes, no crashes there, plus the new descriptions have the old name in it.
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council

Post by Darth_Z13 »

I don't mean that it would crash, I mean it would be hard to tell which one's which.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Darth_Z13 wrote:I don't mean that it would crash, I mean it would be hard to tell which one's which.
It's not that hard...
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council

Post by Darth_Z13 »

It still looks kinda dumb though...
Food_Eater

Post by Food_Eater »

I agree with Darth_Z13.

My one wishlist wish would be for the exact opposite. Changing the SWBF2 map names to SWBF1 style. With the exception of the really long names that wouldn't fit (Like Pollis Massa: Medical Facility.) This should be possible since Assault was changed to Hero Assault and I can still play multilayer with everyone else.
Ateas

Post by Ateas »

My wish: A new "guerrilla mode," to be used on larger maps with lots of cover.
I picture it like this: The AI would be altered to gather in small "patrol units" which would spread out from a command post to follow several set paths in various directions.
Occasionally, an allied patrol would meet an enemy patrol, and they would fight as usual until one side is destroyed, at which point the remaining units of the surviving patrol return to the nearest command post and restock on new members, and set out again.

Perhaps not an exiting, epic battle idea but it would add a touch of realism to the game. Plus, it would pit organized groups of units of equal strength against each other, instead of random infantry running around to certain death.
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

Off Topic: Hello everyone. I'm new to Gametoast and I've been waiting for a long time to help out this community, as Filefront's Forum for SWBF2 isn't exactly the place to make your identity as a modder. Also, hello Ateas!

On Topic: My wish would be to have the old HUD from SWBF, if that's possible. I know the textures for the old HUD are in the interface folder, so is there a way to integrate it into the game?

- E....nevermind
PrinceXizor
Lance Corporal

Post by PrinceXizor »

phazon_elite wrote:
On Topic: My wish would be to have the old HUD from SWBF, if that's possible. I know the textures for the old HUD are in the interface folder, so is there a way to integrate it into the game?
Yeah i would like to see the aimers used in BF1 as well. Is it possable?
Ateas

Post by Ateas »

I'm not a modder, not even a little bit, but I'm fairly certain that would be possible. If the HUD can be alterd to show custom weapon icons, then I myself would guess the rest can be changed.

But thats just me- its better to take advice from a skinner.

(p.s., hows the mod coming along?)
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

Maybe it isn't possible. I'm not sure if the different engine SWBF2 uses can support it, but that's just me.

- EP-000782

(P.S. It's alright for now. I am still working on the blaster cannon (or was it machine gun?) for the infantry. Mind if the folder is called Guardin Uprising? I just needed a name for it...)

P.S.S.
- EP-000782
I'm not copying Majin or anything, that's my "genetic name" or something...
{WRL}Bly

Post by {WRL}Bly »

Well, I welcome you both to Gametoast even though Im still technacly new... Anyway My wish list would be to have some Empire Hero units. Maybe add Piett as a hero and give him Orbital Strike and a rifle like Admiral Sarn. Maybe Alpha as a Republic Hero. Thats technacly it. I looked through Wikipedia before posting this and I couldn't find anything there that wasn't already in the pack..
Lennyo

Post by Lennyo »

Maybe this isn't neccessairy in the Conversion pack but it would be great if someone would make the underwater battle of the Clone Wars Anime serie. With landed Space ships of the CIS and Republic on water and where the battle is under water, with Divetroopers and other new units, Kit-Fisto's lighsaber could be made like in the Clone Wars animated serie episode 5.

EDIT: His lightsaber like this

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, the PC doesn't support the animation for Kit's saber, so there's no way to do that.
{WRL}Bly

Post by {WRL}Bly »

The dive troopers seem like a good idea for Kamino or another water map.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

I don't like that saber look anyways...but is anything other than different blade and swing colors possible? (effects)
darthgunray
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by darthgunray »

is that an xbox pic of kit fisto in rhen var citadel?
Elmo
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Elmo »

darthgunray wrote:is that an xbox pic of kit fisto in rhen var citadel?
Yes... it couldn't have been PC because Tean said PC doesn't support that effect :lol:
Lennyo

Post by Lennyo »

Ok, the lightsaber is just a detail but it would be cool if someone made such map. There are no Star Wars maps nor battles in the Movies except the anime serie with sea battles, it will be something diffrent for a change.
Achronos-117
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Achronos-117 »

Wishlist:
Make more realistic clone legions with carbines.
Make Kit Fisto's tentacles spikier.
Make Lando's neck shorter it looks weird.
Fix the bug where if you run and shoot with a clone commando's anti armor it crashes