Thank You!

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Aksel3

Thank You!

Post by Aksel3 »

I wish to dedicate this topic to a very special person. A person who we all should thank for his hard work. I’m talking about Teancum of course.

Every time I visit Gametoast, I always check the SWBF1 Conversion Pack before anything else, and every time I find something that makes me gasp. Seriously. Despite being attack countless by people who are... Well, weird, you manage to create something that is truly outstanding. Yeah, I really don’t think that I’m exaggerating when I’m using that word outstanding. I mean, let’s take a look of what we’ve got our hands on here.

First of all, every single map that we played and enjoyed in the very first SW: Battlefront – filled with new amazing features that were far beyond my hopes before I saw them made by Teancum. Now, even if that was just that, it would be still be an inevitable download, but it doesn’t stop there. We have custom units of all kind, first-class custom maps besides the ones that came with the first game – all with new modes that opens a whole new way to play this game and much, much more!

This Pack contains things that no Battlefront player could ever have imagined, and it keeps getting better and better! Just now I saw this post posted by Teancum:
I've got the 'old style' heroes working perfectly, but I'm going to change the AIHeroes script done by Archer01 (THANKS!) so that you can load any SWBF2 hero you want and it makes them like SWBF1 hereos.
What the [Diet Dr. Pebber]?! How far can this man go? As I said before, it just keeps getting better and better.

As some of you might have heard, Filefronts yearly Mod-Of-The-Year-Competition is currently on-going. And with this eight wonder coming out, I’m pretty positive that it could be a great candidate. Therefore I highly encourage every single member of Gametoast to nominate the SWBF1 Conversion Pack as this year winner of the Mod-Of-The-Year-Competition – a title which it definitely deserves.

As Gametoasts slogan says: Get more from your game - That'll be the perfect caption for the SWB1 Conversion pack.

Oh, and just to make things clear: Thank You Teancum, For Making This Dream Come True! :wink:

-Aksel3
Last edited by Aksel3 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pereza0

RE: Thank You!

Post by Pereza0 »

Yes, I like the idea of the "thank you thread"
Before seeing this website I thought buying the game was a total waste of money.
It took me a while to reach GT but when I saw this.

I never played SWBF and this was just looking for........
So thanks
Thunderforge
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Thunderforge »

I loved Star Wars: Battlefront II. But I was upset that Bespin: Platforms and some other classics weren't there. And then I found the conversion pack and everything changed for the better. I'm so excited with all the things that it's adding. I can't wait until it's completed.
Elmo
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Elmo »

here's my story :lol: I was understanding and finding out what mods were. the first one i saw was the conversion pack. And I thought it was a joke. New heroes!? :shock: New vehicles!? :shock: The original maps?! :shock: I had always thought it impossible to make new heroes and such. Tean has done an Excellent job with this. And I can't wait until 2.0 :lol: Thank You!
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

Rofl you make it sound like an Oprah show dude :P
The conversion pack saved my life - a true(ish) story.

I think Tean' knows I love the pack by know (or he should ;) ), so I need not say more I think :P
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

Haha, you got a pont there Mr. Emperor. :lol:

However, where I'm from (Denmark) we have an expression that says Overdrevelse fremmer forståelse, which means things comes clear through exaggerations. :wink:
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

I remember the first time i was recomened here by a friend of mine, James (his username as well). He wasnt a member at the time but he often checked GT for maps/mods. The first time i saw GT i was like holy [diet dr. pepper] this stuff looks awsome. The first thread i saw was the WIP for 11of3 Death Star I dogfight. I remember after that I saw other threads such as Genosis: Offensive, BOE (still a WIP) and others as well. Then after a month or so went by I joined GT in late March.

Now I c the sWBF1 conversion which makes a SWBF2 gamer a dream come true. All the old maps +.

GT really is "Get more from your gaming"
ML_916

Post by ML_916 »

Can I even add something that's worth to say in this topic? You have stolen everything I could possibly say :lol:

Thank you Teancum for doing all this stuff! I just love it and I would never have been able to do something like this. I just can't understand how you manage to keep patient with this project...
Kane13

Thanks!!

Post by Kane13 »

I'd just like to say thanks to one of those most creative, innovative, freakin' awesome modders ever. Thanks Teancum, without you none of us would have the classic battlefront maps. I love Rhen Var citadel, i think you did an excellent job on that and all of your other maps. Happy Holidays Teancum!
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

OFF TOPIC:I also remember the first time I came here, a freind of mine also told me to come here if I wanted really cool maps. I spent about two months just looking in awe at some of these incredible, amazing maps! :D
Then I got into modding, I decided I needed help, so I came here, and didn't like, because I thought it was too hard. :P

So then I just decided to be a nice community member.

ON TOPIC: Tean, without, we wouldn't have some of the amzing things we have on this game, thankyou. :)
Blasphemy
Private

Post by Blasphemy »

Teancum, before I even knew about the SWBF1 Conversion Pack I wanted someone to make a mod or something to put the missing SWBF1 maps in SWBF2 you really filled in the hole in my SWBF2 gaming experience, I know it sounds cheesy but it's true! You also did things I thought were not even possible in Battlefront 2, added new recon units, commander units, and even many of the greatest most famous heroes in the star wars universe into one sweet package! So I think I speak for everyone in the Gametoast Community when I say THANK YOU TEANCUM!!!