Moderator: Moderators

Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

lol. I Already have Tean. ;P
DooFi

Post by DooFi »

btw teancum, you might want to take a look at farcry, which also uses a Terrain-Editor as far as i know.
(sorry this is random.. it just came to my mind xD)
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Re: RE: Re: Look at what it has come to.....

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Penguin wrote:No offence to the people who worked day and night for the pack. But I dislike it(
:shock: What planet are you on? (No offence)
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

RE: Re: RE: Re: Look at what it has come to.....

Post by Fusion »

Deleted prievous posts for false information
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

Huh?

What did that mean?

I'm also surpirised that LucasArts hasn't found out about this whole thing.

- EP-000782
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Another person going on about BFIII with no evidence but some site not getting their information from Lucasarts directly.
wierd165

Post by wierd165 »

well contact them mr cool administrator! i actually have a freind whose dad works at lucasarts and he told me that free radical was helping them do the project dont u even rember the STARWARS2007 trailer thing? im just telling u ive heard this from over 8 sources both through people and online souces that have been very reliable!
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Talking back to a moderator grants you a warning all the way to a ban. I have my own reliable sources that say otherwise.
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff

Post by ShadowHawk »

We have developers here that work with LucasArts and we haven't heard anything about it. Anyone who leaks information without specific permission from LucasArts will be sued under a confidentiality clause in their work and employment contracts that they have to sign before they are employed. So either it is A. leaked info and that person(s) will soon be terminated, or B. False. Either way it is not official and the only official word I have heard was only two projects are being worked on this year (sw2007 is one), SWBFIII not one of them.

And yes, back-talking a mod or Admin like that gets a warning. You have been flagged. There are other ways to communicate and that is not one of them.
Thire
Major
Major

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Look at what it has come to.....

Post by Thire »

ShadowHawk wrote: A. leaked info and that person(s) will soon be terminated,
Terminated? Honestly, that scares me a little. If a little linked info about lucas arts will get ya terminated...what about actually trying to rob them? :lol:
ShadowHawk
Old School Staff

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Look at what it has come to.....

Post by ShadowHawk »

Jail. :P

Thing is, corporations are about money. Think about it. They are developing an idea that incorporates a new graphics engine. It is leaked and some other company got it. That would be stealing on the leaker's part because the other company "didn't know it was leaked". Also, say they haven't decided if it would be cost effective to develop the product. So they are tossing the idea around. Someone leaked that "they are do it" , but in reality still debating. Well now they have to spend money on a press release disputing the claim or have pissed off customers when it never is developed. That has happened to a lot of games. If it is not a certified done deal, they will not release the info for PR reasons. So how pissed would they be if it got leaked?
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Thire wrote:
ShadowHawk wrote: A. leaked info and that person(s) will soon be terminated,
Terminated? Honestly, that scares me a little. If a little linked info about lucas arts will get ya terminated...what about actually trying to rob them? :lol:
I think he means terminated as in "let go"....
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

wierd165 wrote:well contact them mr cool administrator! i actually have a freind whose dad works at lucasarts and he told me that free radical was helping them do the project dont u even rember the STARWARS2007 trailer thing? im just telling u ive heard this from over 8 sources both through people and online souces that have been very reliable!
Uhh.. the 8 sources all come back to the original source. Free Radical has FLAT OUT SAID they are neither confirming nor denying that they're working on SWBF3. So there. Lucasarts always announces their games way before they're released. So when we hear from it we'll all rejoice, but way too many folks are getting their hopes up.

Oh... and don't smart off to moderators. That's why you got a warning.
wierd165

Post by wierd165 »

im sorry i just got a little upset with him because it felt like in a way that he was mistreating me and that by him doing this i really think that he was kinda mis using his gametoast staff powers and i dont want to start any problems but why do u have to get down on me? im new around here i got treated well in the filefront forums............
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'm sorry if you felt I was mistreating you, but I remove posts once they serve no purpose and are made to boost postcounts. At least you've read the rules because that sounded exactly like the moderator/admin section.
darthgunray
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by darthgunray »

No terminated by getting arrest me thinks. Leaking false information, or secret information that's not supposed to be released to the public can get you arrested.

Off Topic: Love your avvie cmdr fusion :D, didn't you just change it to master cheif last week though?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

That was Caboose, not Master Chief. If anyone watched RvB, they'd know why :P
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

uhuh...

Even though there's no confirmation of SWBF3 Lucas Arts has STILL made a Press Release from last year saying that Free Radical Design IS gonna make some kind of title.

another important thing you should remember - IF they are gonna make a game similar to SWBF Series - is that these guys use plenty of new techniques, and apparently want - according from their 'recruitment' site :wink: - a game more graphiclike to Republic Commando than a SWBF game - graphicly.

this reminds me to mention that I'm gonna send in a job application for Free Radical Design here soon :P
CarbineImpulse

Look at what it has come to.....

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Nancy MacIntyre, VP of global sales and marketing @ LucasArts:
[quote]We’ve also got Star Wars franchises like Knights of the Old Republic and Battle Front that we will not leave behind. It’s very important to us that we grow those franchises.[/quote]

Click here for full article (from Business Week)

back to the conversion, it's turned into a bit of a Behemoth, more than I was after really. Tean' must be absolutely sick of it by now. I seem to remember he was working on Geonosis Arena did I miss that or did it get put off for the conversion? I also think (and I've mentioned it before) that he needs to be cut some slack, the various 1.xx updates, fixes, bug threads etc... are all a little bit too much, even for us to nearly keep up with. It's obvious he's under too much pressure to come up with new stuff and fixes. Take a well earned break, fix whatever you want to (if you want to) in your own time and don't mention possible release dates or any possible time frame. Lastly maybe steer clear of adding anything more to it until you're happy it's bug free, ie if it's got known bugs then hold back and don't release. We're all really appreciative of the time, effort and work though. :)
FullMetal_Alchemist

RE: Re: Look at what it has come to.....

Post by FullMetal_Alchemist »

Free Radical has made awesome games, such as the TimeSplitters series, Goldeneye (one of the best games ever) and more. Their engines probably pwn Pandemic's engine.