Site Rules: Friendly Reminder

This forum is used for voting in various GT sponsored competitions or announcing upcoming events. Now open to the public. Before you ask, only Mods can create polls, but all members can vote in them.

Moderator: Moderators

ShadowHawk
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Site Rules: Friendly Reminder

Post by ShadowHawk »

All competitions are subject the the Standard Gametoast Rules as well as any rules set by the competition organizer, so please read thoroughly.

Rules
  1. The decisions and Actions of the Moderators and Administrators are Final
    Do not under any circumstance argue with a Mod or Admin. Respect their warnings and actions and leave it at that. Arguing with or questioning a Mod's or Admin's actions can lead to more serious actions up to and including banning. Never insinuate a Mod or Admin is making an idol threat. Admins never threat and we back our Mods to the fullest extent.
  2. Be Friendly
    This rule is self explanatory, and except on very rare occasions, we all follow it. Welcome new members; thank other members when they provide help. Also, don't be rude to other members when they break a rule, be courteous. We'll all get along a lot better that way.
  3. Don't Use All Caps and Post Meaningful and Clear Topics and Posts
    This is just another courteous thing to do. Don't post a message with all caps, nor a topic. It's considered rude, plus it's a bit more difficult to read. Plus type with proper sentences and punctuation. Topics should clearly state what you need help on. When you're posting a message, we expect you to use punctuation so we can read it. We understand if english is not your first language, but don't try to fool us saying it isn't to get out of a warning.
  4. Don't Resurrect Old Topics
    This one is important, but is defined by the following:
    • A topic that is older than 30 days, or
    • A topic that is no longer on the first page
    The exception to this rule would be if you have useful information to add to an old topic, or if a sticky topic points to the thread you're resurrecting.
  5. Don't hijack another's thread with your own work or requests.
    Posting one image of yours in another's thread for comparison is okay. If you want to post more than that, create your own thread and provide a link to it in the other persons. Don't go around requesting stuff outside of the official topic, either.
  6. Don't play 'Junior Moderator'
    We appreciate everyone trying to help out, but let the Moderators and Administrators do their job. Usually if we don't do something about it, there's no need. If you feel that it should be reported, please send us a PM with a description of what's going on and a link to the problem.
  7. Obey Copyrights
    To keep the law far away from needing to get on Gametoast, posting of any copyright violation will not be permitted. Furthermore, certain types of copyright violations will count as two strikes against you. Absolutely no links to copywritten videos, software, music, or anything else that violates U.S. and International Laws.
  8. "Official Topics"
    If an official topic is started and rules are placed on the first post, you must obey the rules posted at the beginning of that topic if there are any. Violating the specific rules of that topic will only count as 1/2 of a strike against you.
  9. Don't bump topics
    Don't bump. Never bump Do not bump your topic unless you have something more to say than "Bump" or "Doesn't anyone know how to fix this". There is no need for it. If you want to bump a topic, post something useful or don't post.
  10. Be kind to other users and Don't be rude.
    You all know what's rude and what's not. You're adult enough for that. I mean, I'm guessing the absolute youngest person here couldn't be younger than 11. Even an eleven year old can be nice.
  11. No political or Religious Discussions Allowed
    Everyone has their own opinion on these subjects and they are usually very passionate about it. While being passionate, another from a different side gets insulted and they are just as passionate in their response. This almost always leads to a flame war, which is against these rules. So in order to keep the peace, these two subjects in particular are banned from the forums.
  12. No Forum Games Allowed
    Games like these drains database resources and bandwidth for something that really does not contribute much to the community.
  13. Never, EVER, post anything about glitching/cheating in any games we mod
    Hey, if you want to glitch or cheat on your own time, we're not going to stop you. But when you log into gametoast you're considered a clean and fair player. First offense will be a 1st warning. A second offense in this rule will result in a permenant ban with no hope of ever returning. This is non-negotiable. Nobody likes online cheaters.
  14. Avatars must be no bigger than 150 (wide) by 200 (tall) pixels
    Self explanitory. We'll let your first violation slide. If you do it again, you lose your avatar privileges.
  15. Limit the Use of Profanity
    We have word sensors in place, but remember, not all who appear on these forums are adults and parents may not like to have their children exposed to fowl language. If the sensor states [Double Warning], it means just that; if seen by an Admin or Mod, you will get a Double Warning. I would highly suggest you edit your post to remove the offending word.
Here are examples to show how the rules are used.
  1. Hi, I’m new to the boards [word not allowed] you guys!

This topic would be removed and the person would be warned only once. If he posted another similar topic he would be removed.
  2. HI, I’m new how do I add a planet to swbf2?

In most cases this is a perfect post and would get plenty of replies, some people would say its hard, some people who don’t know the answer would say things like read the instructions.
  3. THIS SITE IS GHEY, VISIT MY http://www.SPAMWANKEr.ORg

This person would get wiped in an hour and never come back.
Consequences

In order to enforce these rules we unfortunately have to enforce punishments. We're going to try a fairly to keep from using harsh punishments, and the staff is sure that we shouldn't ever have to. Still, we need some order, so below are listed the punishments.
  • First Violation
    On the first violation, a moderator will either send you a Private Message that will ask you to read the rules, or we'll do the same in the topic that had the violation.
  • Second Violation
    You will again be asked to read the rules, then you will be placed on the staff's warning list. This list is not visible to users.
  • Third Violation
    You will be warned in both public and private that your next violation will lead to, well, the fourth violation (read ahead).
  • Fourth and Last Violation
    On your fourth violation you will be permanently banned.
    Sometimes we are nice and won't flag you for a violation, only send you a PM. It would be very wise to heed the warning.
Courtesy Rules

These are rules that won't end up with a violation flag, but must be followed in order to help with any questions that may come up. The only time a flag will be placed on a member is if these rules are broken continuously and excessively.
  1. When a veteran user directs you to read documentation or tutorials, you should. Even if you don't understand everything, you can come back and explain to us more clearly what you don't understand.
  2. Read the Documentation. Read it first. I know it sucks to read it. We've all felt the pain, but honestly it needs to be done. A lot of things are explained in the docs, and it saves from having unanswered topics.
  3. Be specific if you can. Say, for instance that your trying to add vehicles. You can say "I read the tutorial, and I placed the vehicle spawn, added the vehicle names to them, then updated the LUA, but they don't spawn!" It helps veterans to know as much as they can about the problem. They can diagnose what's wrong quicker and get you back on track. Sometimes you don't know how to be specific on something. That's okay. Just try to as often as you can.
  4. Be helpful. Come on guys. If someone asks how to do something and you know where to send them to the answer, don't just say "Read the docs", say "read the doc on adding new gametypes -- it explains how to fix your problem" or whatever the case may be.
  5. If a person has trouble with something specific, be sure you ask them specifically what you need to see in order to help. In other words, things like "Post your addme.lua and I'll see if there are any errors".
If your posts are informative then i don’t think there will be any issues, reply to questions when you know the answers otherwise ask as much as you like and share your ideas but don’t push them and accuse others or wrongdoing if they dont agree and you will live well on the GT website.

The staff here at Gametoast really wants to make sure we have the best, most helpful, most productive group of modders around, so please obey these rules, and we feel that we can reach that goal.

The rules are here are used as a guideline to keep the site better that the other wannabe star wars gaming/modding sites, most of us our blunt with our views as well but none of us is ever rude to the point it offends someone , at least not intentionally.

When in doubt, pm an Admin or Mod to see if it is okay before you post something that may break the rules.

We will be glad to explain a rule you don't understand clearly. We would much rather explain something than to flag a member for violating the rules.