GT Mappack 4 Competition

This forum is used for voting in various GT sponsored competitions or announcing upcoming events. Now open to the public. Before you ask, only Mods can create polls, but all members can vote in them.

Moderator: Moderators

Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Caleb1117 »

That was exactly the problem. :P
Last edited by Caleb1117 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

My map submittion is ready when you want it.
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

PM me the download link and confirmation of the map name/title. For those of you who worked as teams on a project I need all the names of people involved.

I'll PM you back to let you know your map is now entered and ready for voting.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Just a question. I'm assuming that when the pack is put together, it'll be done so using that all-in-one addon folder trick that Tean discovered. But I'm wondering whether a second version will be released with separate addon folders, so as we can choose which maps we want and don't want. I'm not singling anyone out, of course, but when it comes down to it, I keep very few maps I download in my addon folder. I like to keep it clean. So I'd rather be able to choose the ones I want to keep and clear out the rest that I don't particularly want/like should I feel like it.
Dymon
Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Dymon »

the links to all single maps will be posted for the testing phase, won't they?

so you can pick the ones you would like to play... i guess their links won't be deleted after the pack is finished 8)
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Good point. I suppose that'd work just as well.
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

Remove me from the comp, My map is only 70-80% complete, I won't be able to complete it by the 4th, work and RL has taken up alot of my time in the past 3 weeks which has delayed everything (which is 2 days away)
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Ok Pen.

For the rest of you, you have until midnight (Pacific time US) on Friday to PM me the download link to your map.

Who are the definate entrants left in?
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Chances are Kessel might be pulled as well. Right now it's too close to say for sure, but I'm not too confident that it's going to be able to make the deadline. So don't be surprised if I don't finish it by Friday. I have so much to do in such a short amount of time, I highly doubt I can finish it all by then, and I don't feel like rushing it.
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Post by Caleb1117 »

Schizo wrote:and I don't feel like rushing it.
Nor should you.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Ugh. I won't be able to enter Utapau: Descent due to unresolved gameplay issues and bugs. I'll likely still finish it sometime for seperate release. However, I have a backup map that's already done called Mos Eisley: Urban Assault and I'll be entering that instead.
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

Ok, I'm still in, just gotta fix a sound bug and moving some spawn points around in king of the hill, and I'm completely finished for this.

- EP-782
MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

Should we extend the deadline? Because my team and I have a map that would probably be finished if we had about one more week. Oh btw there isn't any chance that I could enter The Rihaken, is there? Because it really hasn't been "publicly released"(e.g. swbffiles) yet. Just thought that I would check.
*****MasterSaitek009*****
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

MasterSaitek009 (24th Dec 2006) wrote:I finally got the public beta together. Here it is:
http://files.filefront.com/Rihaken_Rive ... einfo.html
Comp Rules wrote:Map must be new, no publicly released maps or betas (WIP's are acceptable).
So yep Rihaken would fall fowl of the competition rules and not be able to be entered.
MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

Yeah, I thought so. :oops: I just thought I would check though. :P

-Saitek
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Just a quick reminder that entries for the mappack competition have to be in by the end of the day on Friday. Entry is very simple, all you need to do is PM me with the download link and title of your map. This means that you can decide right up until the last minute whether to enter your map or not. You don't need to post anything the forums, that will all be sorted for you.

These are the only rules your map has to conform to:
  • 1 Map entry per member.
  • Map size must be under 128MB (once compressed)
  • Map must be new, no publicly released maps or betas (WIP's are acceptable).
In addition to this you may work on a map as a team, but the team leader will get credit for the map

Links to tools etc... are in the first post.

As an addition to the contest, winning maps will get limited time after completion of voting to sort out any minor bugs etc...

Good luck to all those who enter!
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

how many completed entries are there so far?
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Mine will be entered. There's one. :)
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Darth_Z13 wrote:Mine will be entered. There's one. :)
Not if I don't recieve your PM by tomorrow night :wink:
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Yeah I'm definitely pulling Kessel out. There's no way I can finish it on time. It's not even close to finished.