Naboo: Mountain Side - Bug Issues & Questions

This forum is used for voting in various GT sponsored competitions or announcing upcoming events. Now open to the public. Before you ask, only Mods can create polls, but all members can vote in them.

Moderator: Moderators

CarbineImpulse

Naboo: Mountain Side - Bug Issues & Questions

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Post any download issues that you have or any bugs you see. This feedback will help the maker with any potential further developement of the map.

If you have questions with regards to this particular competion map then you can ask them here.
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Chris165 »

You can target an enemy fighter, but you cannot lock-on target to fire your missiles on them.
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by RAymo »

if u read the readme, astute said he changed it. all the missiles are dumb-fire, meaning they dont home
DS_jawathehutt
Private Second Class

Post by DS_jawathehutt »

My game locked up when I tried to exit to main menu.
Astute
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Astute »

Not sure about the lockups. My game hardlocked twice when I was testing it before, but then I found out that it was related to my video card(it had a lot of problems, even messed up sound) and not battlefront, the memory usage was just irritating it. None of my 6 beta testers had lockups.

Yeah, I changed a lot of things to make it more like dogfighting instead of mass missile locking.
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Chris165 »

Astute wrote:Yeah, I changed a lot of things to make it more like dogfighting instead of mass missile locking.
Indeed, I really liked what you did with the Tri-Fighter and the bomber
t551
General
General

Post by t551 »

You should probably try and get a ground texture that doesn't have as many artifacts when it tiles.
Astute
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Astute »

Yeah, It tiles because there is no ground texture, just a detail texture. I did this to cut down on lag, which it did. The problem is that I can't figure out how to stretch the detail texture.
XxDepredationxX
High General
High General

Post by XxDepredationxX »

I like the map and the enhancements on the Star Fighters. The map is fun and its a good idea not to have missile lock-on but I think its better to put missile lock-on on certain fighters like the Tri-fighter. But I thought CIS fighter missiles left blue trails instead of normal missile trails. The amount of fighters that you have to destroy is a bit too much, I end up quiting the game after I killed about 250.
DS_jawathehutt
Private Second Class

Post by DS_jawathehutt »

I found that I was scoring 90% of the points making the score like 200-18. Any way of fixing this?
lieutenantcoda

Post by lieutenantcoda »

bug: the fighting is concentrated at the 2 landing pads with hardly any in the big space between them. also i want more fighters on the field at once

i really wish someone could fix that under turret thing with the arc-170, well, at least he made it two seating.

i dont think there were boundaries cus i flew to the end of the map without dying.

you better remove the word "Homing" in the "Homing Missiles" label(cus they arent homing anymore) that labels the missiles for interceptors like the A-wing

suggestions:

-the v-wing can still be used. all you have to do is bring in the v-wing with the same features(agility, fire rate, yada-yada) as the jedi starfighter you replaced it with(yes, this will make it an intercepter not a bomber as that was its original purpose)the difference being it fires green lasers.

-i also suggest a new name: Naboo: Gallo Mountains:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gallo_Mountains

you got the mountains to make a chain already, so it is suitable.

also, ignore the village information in the webpage. i dont want a village.

-add more light beacons to the landing pads.

but your fighting was tense!

in the beginning of GCW, when both sides were approaching, the tie fighters unleashed amazing amounts of laser bolts that zinged past, like fireworks. it was heaven ablaze.

nice job with enlarging the laser bolts.

nice map, hope to see better versions!
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Great concept, though in battlefront you never have to pretend that the ground below is at a much larger scale than it and stay a few ZE'ters away from it maintain realism (It takes me back to old flighsims...)

Maybe you should try the concept with a large, Low - view distance bespin map. A lil' boring scenery wise, but maybe you could get artistic.

Or, a nebula space map. That has the potential to look kick as with the right lod settings and 'fog' and a good background, and a few fog regions.

I tried this in my since abandoned ( or maybe on-hold) space map, but the stars (sky) would never shine through the background. But few ZE light fx couldn't hurt FPS. At least not on the new card I picked up yesterday, a budget improvement.

P.S. Bring back Rhen Var: Frozen Corridor
Still have the source? I think Convo' would be quick and painless, but IDK.
lieutenantcoda

Post by lieutenantcoda »

the following starfighters can't be repaired by the pilots while in flight:

A-wing

Jedi starfighter(red one)

Tri-fighter

also, is it me or a starfighter can fire with the lasers firing from a 45 degree angle, example:

OOO < starfighter
OO
/
/
/
/ <lasers
/

you can see the lasers are firing slunted instead of straight from the ship like this:

OOO
OOO
l
l
l
l
l

you all know what the symbols represent

:D
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF

Post by FragMe! »

This is a fun map, the only thing though in CTF shouldn't you have to take the flag towards the enemy base?
It is way too easy when you take it to your own such as it is now.
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

lieutenantcoda wrote:the following starfighters can't be repaired by the pilots while in flight:

A-wing

Jedi starfighter(red one)

Tri-fighter

also, is it me or a starfighter can fire with the lasers firing from a 45 degree angle, example:

OOO < starfighter
OO
/
/
/
/ <lasers
/

you can see the lasers are firing slunted instead of straight from the ship like this:

OOO
OOO
l
l
l
l
l

you all know what the symbols represent

:D
That's because you're going so fast. Lasers can't be straight like that while flying that fast, or else they would be moving horizontally, too. There are no lasers like that in space maps, so you probably wouldn't know.

- EP-782
t551
General
General

Post by t551 »

No, I've noticed it too...

Even in shipped maps, AI can fire their craft's fixed weapons at angles. It's really very annoying.
lieutenantcoda

Post by lieutenantcoda »

maybe you can add naboo starfighters at the side of the map, and put local naboo pilots to fly it. or the republic or rebellion can fly it.
Astute
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Astute »

Thank you for all of your comments, and yes, there are quite a few things that need fixing. A few of the errors you listed can't be fixed because of the engine, and as for the ground texture, that's the most memory conserving route I could take(it's all lowrez texture, there are no main textures, way too much lag). Also, laser's haven't been tampered with. The name, well, I guess I could change it, though I think it's unnecessary for this basic a level(btw, I did consider doing a deeja peak map once).

And finally, the original files for Rhen var: Frozen Corridor, Naboo: Coastal Battlegrounds, Kamino: Serene, and Manaan: Murky Depths were lost a long while back due to the corruption of my previous harddrive. I suppose the only way that you would get Rhen Var: Frozen Corridor for SWBF2 would be an entire remake, which will neve.. hmm, actually that's not a bad idea :)