Geonosis Competition

This forum is used for voting in various GT sponsored competitions or announcing upcoming events. Now open to the public. Before you ask, only Mods can create polls, but all members can vote in them.

Moderator: Moderators

Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

To enter a map into this Geonosis competition, does it have to be unreleased?
YankFan1950

Post by YankFan1950 »

I would kinda like to get back on topic please this competition is for Geonosis maps only if it is succesful I will consider creating more for other categories of maps. This topic is for geonosis maps not for ideas for more competitions. So if you do not have anything productive to the competition to say please do not post it. (srry for being junir mod)

Thanks
YaNkFaN 1950
[SBF]ATATFIGHTR
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [SBF]ATATFIGHTR »

Could that include a desert map like Tatooine? because it says on the front page "geonosis or desert".
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

I think you need to be more specific on the rules for the competition, YankFan, because this competition, so far, is really disorganized. (no offense)
YankFan1950

Post by YankFan1950 »

This like the homepage post said it is for desert maps. What it says on the GT homepage are the rules of the Competition. Hebes this is the first time someone has done this so please consider that this is the first time I have done this and I am trying as hard as I can to keep this organized, mod, and school work, along with eating and keeping myself alive.

Thanks

YaNkFaN
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Sorry, it's that the rules seemed kind of vague, that's all. And the topic was off-topic.

Though, I have nothing to enter, so I probably shouldn't be complaining.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

interesting competition u've got started here, gametoast really should have more of them. i don't really like Geonosis maps at all what so ever but yea..
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Ill submit my Geonosis: Engagement map. I think ya'll will like it. Its pretty much finished i just gotta make sure the sides are congruent with my other maps.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

PvtParts wrote:Ill submit my Geonosis: Engagement map. I think ya'll will like it. Its pretty much finished i just gotta make sure the sides are congruent with my other maps.
This is a very old Map and very good,PvtParts but for the Competition you should refresh it and add more Stuff like Spider Dwarf Droids or some new Units.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Oh dont worry, aside from the name, and the general layout, its completely different. (Animated ships, snail tanks, vehicle repair station, totally new sides, everything is new)
YankFan1950

Post by YankFan1950 »

now this is wat i'm talkin about the first map thx pvtparts
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

PvtParts wrote:Oh dont worry, aside from the name, and the general layout, its completely different. (Animated ships, snail tanks, vehicle repair station, totally new sides, everything is new)
That sounds very good.I liked to play your green Aayla. :P Is she ingame furthermore?
btw.That shouldnt be in no Way a offensive against your -old- Engagement Map.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Yeah no problem. I think this is a good chance to get my map out there so people can see it. I was hoping to get it into the Gametoast Mappack, but the rules dictated otherwise.

I had to cut aayla because I didn't take the time to learn how to setup combo files, and no one was willing to give me/help me learn a proper (single saber) combo.

However, the new hero, ki adi mundi, is pretty fun.

One thing is because its more angled towards realism, you can go bounding about mid game. The best time for a jedi is near the end of the battle when you need to get from place to place quickly and take out pockets of soldiers. He has some neat force powers (not to mention a longer saber..nothing extreme but more movie accurate), amped up force pull and force wave, both of which have some cool blur effects.

Im still tooling with saber throw, I might just leave it as it came (I changed it to go farther but that actually hurts you more than it helps you since you cant steer it as it flys off, leaving you very vulnerable), or increase the time it stays out and/or the number of rotations, making it a little more deadly.

Im not sure what your asking Secura, but the game play of the map is very much the same, though having less health and stronger weapons changes things a bit (its surprisingly fun. You'd think 1 hit kills would be to quick for a game, but since you wield the same damage you take, its pretty easy to get the hang of it and mow your enemies down)

Theres also new skins and more effects than you can possibly imagine.
=AOX=Durge
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by =AOX=Durge »

I will be entering a map:
Geonosis: Canyon City
Story: The Republic is winning the battle. The CIS begin to retreat further and further back to a city hidden in between the canyons. There they have a weapon lying in wait...
No new sides yet.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

@ PvtParts:
PvtParts wrote:Im not sure what your asking Secura, but the game play of the map is very much the same.
I only asked if you will use the green Aayla and you answered me that you get rid of Aayla and want to use Ki-Adi Mundi.So my Question is answered. :P
Chamboozer
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Chamboozer »

I will be entering a map:
Geonosis: Canyon City
Story: The Republic is winning the battle. The CIS begin to retreat further and further back to a city hidden in between the canyons. There they have a weapon lying in wait...
No new sides yet.
I have a similar map to enter, called Geonosis: Last Stand. It is diffrent than what most maps are with a lot of droids and few clones. this map has many, many, clones, and an average amount of droids. The republic begins with one command post in the middle of the open with no cover, and the CIS has 7+ commandposts, as well as autoturrets on the canyon walls to blast the republic soldiers. They must then proceed to break through each consecutive CIS line of defense, and try to take as few casualties as possible.

There is one new unit for each team.
YankFan1950

Post by YankFan1950 »

wow I thought this was dead for a while. Now that it isn't I am entering a Geonosis Catacombs map. It will have an equal shot as everyone and I won't give it an edge or anything. There really is no description it's just as the name implies.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Yeah Im still in and all I just figured no sense submitting the map until the deadline (that way I can work on/improve for more time)
YankFan1950

Post by YankFan1950 »

ok it's fine with me I am not putting up the Poll until the deadline so everyone has an equal chance
Broadus
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by Broadus »

This looks like a cool contest. The Battle of Geonosis is my favorite of all the movies, and Geonosis is my favorite setting for combat.
I won't be able to make my own map, but I'll definitely vote.