The Dark Knight

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

Re: The Dark Knight

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

Just saw this. Great movie. Maybe not as good as the first, but defiantly a great movie. Aaron Eckhart was great.
Syth
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Syth »

Great movie, but i agree with the reviews saying the action was exausting towards the end. Joker was beyond insane, waayyyyyy beyond the cartoon joker i remmember.
4/5
Hidden/Spoiler:
But what i dont like about this movie is that it traded greatbetter action and better acting, with the kind of emotion the 1st one had. When whats her face dies theres no emfasis, just boom shes dead. And who wants to see batman chooseing blondey over the girl he loves and has known sense he was a child? They could of had joker switch up the locations so batman accidently saves dent instead of the girl.

The other thing that bugs me is that joker should have died. The whole movie is about him, in the comic he dies, and after such a disturbing performance i would be releived to see him get killed. 2 face just gets a little bit of time before dies, thats messed up. not to metion ledger who plays joker is dead too (RIP).

The ending wasnt as good as the 1st ones ending too.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

Caleb1117 wrote:I wager this will be the new #2 movie of all time, right behind the "king" of all movies, Titanic.

T....titanic? :shock: movie of all time?

*throws up*
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

The_Emperor wrote:
Caleb1117 wrote:I wager this will be the new #2 movie of all time, right behind the "king" of all movies, Titanic.

T....titanic? :shock: movie of all time?

*throws up*
I hope it beats the crud out of Titanic
Great movie btw
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch

Post by Karnage »

Super_Shadowman wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Syth"]
When whats her face dies theres no emfasis, just boom shes dead.
That's what so brilliant and realistic about it. When someone dies in real life, there are no choirs or extended monologues.
Syth wrote:And who wants to see batman chooseing blondey over the girl he loves and has known sense he was a child? They could of had joker switch up the locations so batman accidently saves dent instead of the girl.
That's what happened... Which is also brilliant. Batman saves the wrong person and the damsel in distress dies! Who saw that one coming?
Syth wrote:The other thing that bugs me is that joker should have died. The whole movie is about him, in the comic he dies, and after such a disturbing performance i would be releived to see him get killed. 2 face just gets a little bit of time before dies, thats messed up. not to metion ledger who plays joker is dead too (RIP).
In the original the Joker died, something that the film producers would come to regret deeply since he became such a popular character. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake they let him live in this one... Only to have the actor that played him die! Again, who saw that one coming?[/hide][/quote]

I agree completely. Those are a few reasons I loved this movie.

If they had killed off the Joker in this movie like they did in the first Batman movie with Jack Nicholson, I would have rated this movie a little lower. Joker isn't meant to die, like he says in the movie: "I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

He is the second best villain, in my opinion.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

So I have to be blunt.

It was not as good as everyone said it was.

Did I love the movie? Sure I did, but everyone's out there like "Ooooh this is the best movie eVar!!!" Nah. Great movie. Loved every minute of it. But it wasn't the best movie ever. I'd give it a 9/10, mostly for length.

The other thing that drives me nuts is that The Dark Knight/Heath Ledger is becoming Nirvana/Kurt Cobain all over again. -- that is that people overdo how great the person/band/movie is because someone's a "martyr" (even thought they killed themselves). Funny thing is, nobody will ever admit it.

So long story short: Great movie. I'll own it for sure, but I don't worship it like everyone I know seems to.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Im glad the joker doesnt die, although it does leave the director in quite a pinch. He never does die in the comics, nor should he have died in the movie. I didnt think Dent should have died, I expected two face in the next film.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I think I was one of the few that knew that I would like this Joker when I first saw/heard the "Evening...Commissioner" scene in the trailer, before Ledger died.

I definitely don't just like the character for the "martyr" aspect, kinda shallow if you ask me.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

I'm just still angry Adam West wasn't chosen to play Batman.......
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I can think of three reasons why that would fail.

Hidden/Spoiler:
_/\/\/\
<Biff!>
\/\/\/

_/\/\/\
<Wham!>
_\/\/\/

_/\/\/\
<Punch!>
_\/\/\/
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch

Post by Karnage »

Fusion wrote:I can think of three reasons why that would fail.

Hidden/Spoiler:
_/\/\/\
<Biff!>
\/\/\/

_/\/\/\
<Wham!>
_\/\/\/

_/\/\/\
<Punch!>
_\/\/\/
Amen to that!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Fusion wrote:...saw/heard the "Evening...Commissioner" scene in the trailer,
What was funny for me is, despite following the spoiler scene for this movie ever since right after Begins was released (and consequently seeing that line a number of times), I kept wondering throughout the whole movie if this Batman movie series were ever going to have a Commissioner Gordon.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Fusion wrote:I think I was one of the few that knew that I would like this Joker when I first saw/heard the "Evening...Commissioner" scene in the trailer, before Ledger died.

I definitely don't just like the character for the "martyr" aspect, kinda shallow if you ask me.
A lot of people were hyped for Ledger's Joker even before his death because it was such an unusual casting choice and Ledger couldn't be found anywhere in those initial trailers -- it was entirely someone else. Same goes for the movie, of course.

By the way, did anyone hear about Morgan Freeman? He's one of my favorite actors so I'm praying that he has a quick and full recovery. This movie has a black cloud hanging over it. :cry:
Syth
General
General

Post by Syth »

Super_Shadowman wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Syth"]And who wants to see batman chooseing blondey over the girl he loves and has known sense he was a child? They could of had joker switch up the locations so batman accidently saves dent instead of the girl.
That's what happened... Which is also brilliant. Batman saves the wrong person and the damsel in distress dies! Who saw that one coming?[/quote][/hide]
Joker did switch up locations? It didnt seem like it, but the movie went so quick i couldnt tell exactly.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Syth wrote:
Super_Shadowman wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Syth"]And who wants to see batman chooseing blondey over the girl he loves and has known sense he was a child? They could of had joker switch up the locations so batman accidently saves dent instead of the girl.
That's what happened... Which is also brilliant. Batman saves the wrong person and the damsel in distress dies! Who saw that one coming?
[/hide]
Joker did switch up locations? It didnt seem like it, but the movie went so quick i couldnt tell exactly.[/quote]

It was part of his scheme to corrupt Harvey Dent.