Broadway Productions / Popular Plays

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Broadway Productions / Popular Plays

Post by Fingerfood »

Well, I'm making this because I just saw Wicked and I've seen many other productions and wanted to share my opinions of them. So... here goes.

Wicked

The backstory of The Wizard of Oz, this outlines the Wicked Witch of the West's story and how she bacame evil. It looks like a chick flick, but I actually thought that almost anyone could enjoy it. I thought it was very good, and would suggest it to anyone who likes musicals and plays. 8.5/10

The Lion King

Well, let's say it isn't like the Disney film. It still has the same story and everything, but it's aimed to a wider audience then just kids. The costumes are pretty cool and the music is pretty good. I'd suggest it to anyone who's seen the film. 9/10

That's it for Broadway musical productions, but I'dalso like to comment on The Nutcracker.

The Nutcracker

Depending on where you see it, it can be either very good or so-so. I usually go see it at wherever this special offer bargain thing is for the National Guard is. (The National Guard is cosponsoring this group I guess and if you do something, you get in for free but I forget so whatever.) Anyway, where I see it it's actually fairly good. Sure, it's aimed more for younger audiences, but I think it's pretty good besides that fact. 7/10

I know I've seen some other shows, but I can't remember right now... Oh well. What are your thoughts on these or other productions / shows?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Re: Broadway Productions / Popular Plays

Post by Grev »

RENT

Its a great show, kind of aimed for adults, with adult humor,and adult-ish topics, but its still awesome.

Songs:
Tango Maureen
Today 4 U

Avenue Q

I went foor the songs, but I really enjoyed it.

Songs:
ALL OF THEM!
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AlexSecura »

In the Past i have seen much Musicals

The Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Cats
Eizabeth
Holiday on Ice
Phantom of the Opera
and Blue Man Group.

I need to say im not a big Musical fan but if im there i can enjoy them. :wink:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I've only seen a few; Cats, Anything Goes, The Wedding Singer, and Chicago. They were all really fun to watch (although I saw Cats when I was much younger).
Thire
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Thire »

The only two I've gotten to go see are Wicked (Which I loved), and The Phantom of the Opera(I tried to sleep, but it was too loud!)

I really got into Wicked though, great show.
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

I've seen Mamma Mia!, Wicked, We Will Rock You and The Lion King.

I've performed in local productions of The King and I and Rags.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

The only musical productions that I've seen professionally done (though not Broadway) are Rent and The Producers, both of which I liked. Although I've never seen Wicked, I have listened to all of the the music, and I really like it.

I'm involved with my school's annual musical productions, and one show that I loved doing was How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. It doesn't seem to be as well known as a lot of other shows, but it has a lot of incredibly funny moments. Another show I've done that actually turned out surprisingly well was Seussical (a show based on Dr. Seuss books, if you can't guess from the name). It wasn't too popular when it first came out, but a lot of high schools have been putting it on lately. Honestly, I hated putting it together and I thought it would be a flop, but it turned out really well, and we sold out at least two of our shows (out of four). Even though it's mostly a kids' show, there's a lot of good humor in it that can be enjoyed by pretty much anyone, and the music is pretty good.