Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie

Post by DarthHamster »

I was surprised to see that they will be making the seventh and last Harry Potter movie in 2 parts. The first part will be released on November 19, 2010 (USA). The second part will be released on July 15, 2011 (USA). The first part already has a trailer out (if you can call it that because its really small). Trailer may have slight spoilers for those who haven't read the book. Anyway here it is.

Trailer (Part 1) http://www.cinemagia.ro/trailer/harry-p ... nele-4491/
(if there is a buffering problem try refreshing the page)
Info:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0926084/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1201607/

They will also be released in 3-D as confirmed by this article.

http://www.today.az/news/entertainment/60738.html
Last edited by DarthHamster on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
YTGTangerine
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie

Post by YTGTangerine »

This really ticked me off when they said it was to be released in two parts. All the really epic stuff would probably be in the second part, and I don't think there will be enough content in it to make a movie out of just half of it. There's no climax, really. And then to have the two parts released so far apart...
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

YTGTangerine wrote:This really ticked me off when they said it was to be released in two parts. All the really epic stuff would probably be in the second part, and I don't think there will be enough content in it to make a movie out of just half of it. There's no climax, really. And then to have the two parts released so far apart...
In my opinion, it was a good idea. The 7th book is too long to be shoved into one film, and if they did, the movie would either be too long to bear, or they would have to delete scenes. They also need to make up for all the info that they skipped in the last films that make the 7th book make sense.
YTGTangerine
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by YTGTangerine »

Grev wrote:
YTGTangerine wrote:This really ticked me off when they said it was to be released in two parts. All the really epic stuff would probably be in the second part, and I don't think there will be enough content in it to make a movie out of just half of it. There's no climax, really. And then to have the two parts released so far apart...
In my opinion, it was a good idea. The 7th book is too long to be shoved into one film, and if they did, the movie would either be too long to bear, or they would have to delete scenes. They also need to make up for all the info that they skipped in the last films that make the 7th book make sense.
True, but would it kill em to maybe release them a little closer together. I'm sure they have their reasons, but by the time of the second part, people may have forgotten about part one, so to speak.
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: RotS [Media section for details]
Games I'm Playing :: Lego Harry Potter

Post by darthtyren »

They can't take any part of the book out of the movie without making everyone mad at them. Every single part of the book is too important to leave out. How do you think think they will be split?
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

YTGTangerine wrote:
True, but would it kill em to maybe release them a little closer together. I'm sure they have their reasons, but by the time of the second part, people may have forgotten about part one, so to speak.

The people who are going to see the movie probably aren't going to forget.

I'm personally very pleased with their decision to make this into two movies. Means they have that much less of a chance to screw it up.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

They're just squeezing as much money out of fans as they can...
Lord Bardar
Under watchful eyes.

Post by Lord Bardar »

YTGTangerine wrote:True, but would it kill em to maybe release them a little closer together. I'm sure they have their reasons, but by the time of the second part, people may have forgotten about part one, so to speak.
It's all part of the plan.
Fierfek
High General
High General
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Post by Fierfek »

I just watched this trailer. My sister went crazy (because she is an insane Harry Potter fan), but I didn't really care. I'm not too big of an HP fan. The movie looks cool, though. As with most of the Harry Potter movies, I'll see it at the theaters, then never watch it again :P .
Lord Bardar
Under watchful eyes.

Post by Lord Bardar »

Hmm I'm not too crazy about it, the last one was a big disappointment.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

darthtyren wrote:
They can't take any part of the book out of the movie without making everyone mad at them. Every single part of the book is too important to leave out. How do you think think they will be split?
And, they have to make up for the important parts they skipped before that segue into plot elements of the last film.
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

By seeing the trailer I can conclude that the 2 parts are not going to be evenly split between the first half of the book and the second half of the book. There are flashes of movie in the part 1 trailer that represent events that occured very late in the book. The fact that these are being shown in the part 1 trailer means that part 2 will mostly be the made up of the "last battle". But after reading the book I agree that the events in the last battle would most likely take up the entire part 2. My only concern is that everything that happens before the last battle may not be able to be squeezed into part 1. There are so many ways to mess this movie up.
Hidden/Spoiler:
But I trust David Yates. :wink:
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by darthtyren »

DarthHamster wrote:By seeing the trailer I can conclude that the 2 parts are not going to be evenly split between the first half of the book and the second half of the book. There are flashes of movie in the part 1 trailer that represent events that occured very late in the book. The fact that these are being shown in the part 1 trailer means that part 2 will mostly be the made up of the "last battle". But after reading the book I agree that the events in the last battle would most likely take up the entire part 2. My only concern is that everything that happens before the last battle may not be able to be squeezed into part 1. There are so many ways to mess this movie up.
The first part would have to be 3 1/2 hours long if that's what was happening. I say that it should be split
Hidden/Spoiler:
right where Ron comes back.
DarthHamster wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
But I trust David Yates. :wink:
That's a start. That's all we can do. I think it's going to be a great 2 movies.
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

darthtyren wrote:The first part would have to be 3 1/2 hours long if that's what was happening. I say that it should be split
Hidden/Spoiler:
There are flashes of movie in the part 1 trailer that represent events that occured very late in the book.
For example there was a split second in the trailer were they showed a goblin sitting in a chair. I reconize that scene from the book and it was well past the half way point. So I don't think it will be split evenly.
Lord Bardar
Under watchful eyes.

Post by Lord Bardar »

DarthHamster wrote:
darthtyren wrote:The first part would have to be 3 1/2 hours long if that's what was happening. I say that it should be split
Hidden/Spoiler:
There are flashes of movie in the part 1 trailer that represent events that occured very late in the book.
For example there was a split second in the trailer were they showed a goblin sitting in a chair. I reconize that scene from the book and it was well past the half way point. So I don't think it will be split evenly.
Yes, Griphook and Ollivander were in this trailer, and they don't appear until the second half. Although this could just be a general trailer since it had both release dates.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

It's being split at when the trio gets captured. Part two starts with them at Malfoy Manor.
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

Then it won't be evenly split. How do you know for sure?
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by darthtyren »

That's just it. We don't. And what's with all the *spoilers* not in *spoilers* tags?
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

DarthHamster wrote:Then it won't be evenly split. How do you know for sure?
We don't, as the only official synopsis they have released about it is: "The final chapter of the Harry Potter film series begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione leave Hogwarts behind and set out to find and destroy the Horcruxes, the secret to Voldemort's power and immortality."

So the best guess is that it ends at or just before Malfoy Manor, since that's the only visible climax that I can see before the end of the book, unless the director decides to do something outside the book, which is possible. Also keep in mind that what's halfway through the book isn't necessarily halfway through the movie. They will probably make the first 3/5's of the book into the first movie, and then the last 2/5's of the book into the second movie, extending all the epic parts as much as possible, or something like that.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

SBF_Dann_Boeing wrote:So the best guess is that it ends at or just before Malfoy Manor, since that's the only visible climax that I can see before the end of the book,
I don't know what the grapevine has to say about it, but it had always seemed to me that the best split would be right after Harry and Ron retrieve the horcrux from the frozen pool. It's a conflict-resolving victory and the conflict it resolves is the primary conflict building in the first half of the book (the inter-trio tension). It also falls about halfway in between.

That being said that still leaves a lot to put into the second half-movie, so it's not the going-away choice - but I still think that's the best one.