Spider-Man 4 cancelled - Raimi, Maguire and co not returning

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Spider-Man 4 cancelled - Raimi, Maguire and co not returning

Post by Raptor522 »

I agree. I do make judgments when I first see/meet people, but that's just a habit, I don't act on that, I wait until I actually know something about 'em. Which I did. Just my morals.
Lord Bardar
Under watchful eyes.
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Lord Bardar »

EraOfDesann wrote:After everything Raimi has done for them you'd think the studio would be willing to give him the time he needs to make a quality film and just back away. And if this reboot actually does come out in 2012 then what's the point? It's still a year later! But I'm not surprised by the studio being so forceful -- rumor is that they were the ones who insisted on squeezing Venom into SM3... look how that turned out.
Yes, they insisted that Raimi throw in more comic story into the films. I'll be honest - I liked Topher Grace... as Eddie Brock, but he was meh as Venom.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Lord Bardar wrote:Yes, they insisted that Raimi throw in more comic story into the films. I'll be honest - I liked Topher Grace... as Eddie Brock, but he was meh as Venom.
I don't have any complaints about Topher Grace, but the entire Venom thing was undeveloped and felt completely tacked-on. If they had to have Venom in it then they should have split it into two movies. They were trying to cram too much stuff into one film.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

When Raimi lost the argument against having venom in the movie, I think the idea was to split it, but apparently they couldn't find a decent splitting point.

Me, I think they could have written an ending right after Peter lost the Black Suit.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

ggctuk wrote:Me, I think they could have written an ending right after Peter lost the Black Suit.
This is what I've always thought. It's the most logical point to split the movie.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

There's an edit on YouTube (I don't know if it's still there) but it cuts straight from the church scene to the last scene in the film. And it works well enough, I think.