Graphic Art - Everything Else (II)

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Re: Graphic Art - Everything Else (II)

Post by Labj »

Hidden/Spoiler:
(Commander Disciple
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

It's been a while since I've played around with Terragen, but I needed to make some sky textures and threw this together as a quick side project:
Hidden/Spoiler:
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

Eggman wrote:It's been a while since I've played around with Terragen, but I needed to make some sky textures and threw this together as a quick side project
Hidden/Spoiler:
ooo. . thats really nice
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Eggman wrote:It's been a while since I've played around with Terragen, but I needed to make some sky textures and threw this together as a quick side project:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I saw this, and I was like "aw c'monnnn..." because I always try and it never turns out that well. Well, specifically, I never try to do skies beyond adding a few clouds, but those mountains... are incredible. Is that the free version or no?
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

GangsterJawa wrote:
Eggman wrote:It's been a while since I've played around with Terragen, but I needed to make some sky textures and threw this together as a quick side project:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I saw this, and I was like "aw c'monnnn..." because I always try and it never turns out that well. Well, specifically, I never try to do skies beyond adding a few clouds, but those mountains... are incredible. Is that the free version or no?
I'm using the free version of Terragen 2. The mountains quite literally took five seconds - I just clicked the power fractal tool in the terrain tab and sat back while the program took care of the rest. The terrain shaders and sky took a few more minutes to perfect. I should have turned down the haze, though. It doesn't look quite right compared to the rest of the environment.

Anyway, the point is that I really don't have to do much work to make scenes with Terragen 2. The main reason I love the program is that it essentially creates a landscape for me, and I just get to have fun exploring it while I look for photogenic spots.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Eggman wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm using the free version of Terragen 2. The mountains quite literally took five seconds - I just clicked the power fractal tool in the terrain tab and sat back while the program took care of the rest. The terrain shaders and sky took a few more minutes to perfect. I should have turned down the haze, though. It doesn't look quite right compared to the rest of the environment.

Anyway, the point is that I really don't have to do much work to make scenes with Terragen 2. The main reason I love the program is that it essentially creates a landscape for me, and I just get to have fun exploring it while I look for photogenic spots.
I guess so. I just need to start messing around with it more.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Anakin, may we give critique? Because I think I've got some pointers for you that'll get you into the right direction:
-for the first picture, you should have tried feathering the selection around the hair. That way, the hairline wouldn't be cut of that sharp. Pretty much the same thing goes for the facial painting.
-in the third picture, there's still a green glow on yoda's face, the whole painting over of the lightsabe to make it blue is pretty crude, try making small variations in your paint-overs to recreate details.

And, in general, all you did in the first and last picture was paint over professional-made artwork. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing, but it's also not a good way to learn to paint stuff on your own. It can also come over as a bit "wrong" if "all" you do is paint over other people's stuff.
This was all "critique" by-the-way, I hope you understand the difference between "critique" and burning something down? :)

Speaking of which, I desperately need some critique myself.
LONG STORY:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Today, I was approached by the "boss" of a advertising company in my little town. Last summer, I had come to them, because the other "boss" (the company has two more or less equal owners) was a friend of our family and he had once asked me to do so. All I did was watch carefully and silently at what they did, so I did learn a great deal on photography stuff etc etc. So now, I was called by that other boss, whom I hadn't had that much contact, and he asked me that he needed a 3d animation and that he was deciding between hiring another company to do it, or to have me do it. He said that I'd have to sent him some of my work and that he would then call me back on Monday. I stressed out, because I didn't have any real reputable work yet.

He told me that the animation would have something to do with a globe/news intro kind-of-thing, so I worked my butt of to create this in the time-span of 3 hours:

LONG STORY SHORT: could anyone say what they think of it? The advertising company is called "Orange Tube" so hence the letters and the color. Any critique is welcome, I'd just love to now what things I should look for when I'd create something like this. (oh and, the globe and all other objects are set and ready to spin and fly around if I'd have the CPU power to render it)
MrCrayon
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Projects :: Coruscant map Want to help PM me
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 3

Post by MrCrayon »

here is something cool I made with CGI
Hidden/Spoiler:
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I really need to scan in some of my most recent art. For art class, I've been working on an art book, but I can't scan it in yet. It's basically a collection of drawing based on one object, and I'm drawing a stuffed Hard Rock Cafe bear with a sombrero, and kind of giving it a cowboy western story theme. I need to post it up.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

mswf wrote:Anakin, may we give critique? Because I think I've got some pointers for you that'll get you into the right direction:
-for the first picture, you should have tried feathering the selection around the hair. That way, the hairline wouldn't be cut of that sharp. Pretty much the same thing goes for the facial painting.
-in the third picture, there's still a green glow on yoda's face, the whole painting over of the lightsabe to make it blue is pretty crude, try making small variations in your paint-overs to recreate details.

And, in general, all you did in the first and last picture was paint over professional-made artwork. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing, but it's also not a good way to learn to paint stuff on your own. It can also come over as a bit "wrong" if "all" you do is paint over other people's stuff.
This was all "critique" by-the-way, I hope you understand the difference between "critique" and burning something down? :)

Speaking of which, I desperately need some critique myself.
LONG STORY:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Today, I was approached by the "boss" of a advertising company in my little town. Last summer, I had come to them, because the other "boss" (the company has two more or less equal owners) was a friend of our family and he had once asked me to do so. All I did was watch carefully and silently at what they did, so I did learn a great deal on photography stuff etc etc. So now, I was called by that other boss, whom I hadn't had that much contact, and he asked me that he needed a 3d animation and that he was deciding between hiring another company to do it, or to have me do it. He said that I'd have to sent him some of my work and that he would then call me back on Monday. I stressed out, because I didn't have any real reputable work yet.

He told me that the animation would have something to do with a globe/news intro kind-of-thing, so I worked my butt of to create this in the time-span of 3 hours:
Hidden/Spoiler:
LONG STORY SHORT: could anyone say what they think of it? The advertising company is called "Orange Tube" so hence the letters and the color. Any critique is welcome, I'd just love to now what things I should look for when I'd create something like this. (oh and, the globe and all other objects are set and ready to spin and fly around if I'd have the CPU power to render it)

yes critique is welcome. i have seen that there are some bad things.

pic 3 i wanted to have yoda with a blue lightsaber and so i canged it and havent realised that there is green light on his face.

================================EDIT====================================

New work 100% myself
Hidden/Spoiler:
the handhold looks a bit faked. i'm working on it

===============================UPDATE===================================
Hidden/Spoiler:
more of this: http://img299.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=rotvsgrn.jpg
destructo_bot
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Location: Orkney, a place of... well... farming. Scotland FTW!

Post by destructo_bot »

mswf wrote: Speaking of which, I desperately need some critique myself.
LONG STORY:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Hidden/Spoiler:
I really like it, but I'm not sure if the text around the edge fits in too well with the rest. If you could, I reckon you should remove it. If not, then I'm not sure... do they have a logo, or something else you could easily incorporate?
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

destructo_bot wrote: I really like it, but I'm not sure if the text around the edge fits in too well with the rest. If you could, I reckon you should remove it. If not, then I'm not sure... do they have a logo, or something else you could easily incorporate?
My thoughts are similar - I like the concept, but I feel like the name of the company doesn't really come across well with the small text.

Also, just to be extremely nit-picky: a bar object is clipping through a plate object just to the left of the globe. I don't think anyone will notice once the parts are all swirling around, but it sticks out in the still shot.
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Just something I whipped together for a friend, I pretty much like how it came out :D
Hidden/Spoiler:
Comments?
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

cool idea! maybe you could add a small gloweffect around him :P
the font doenst look that nice though in my opinion.
Press_Tilty
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Korsava IV - Pre WIP
Games I'm Playing :: MW2-Reach-BF2

Post by Press_Tilty »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:cool idea! maybe you could add a small gloweffect around him :P
the font doenst look that nice though in my opinion.
Agreed.

Anakin, the v2 doesn't look any better. Chop together some hilts. If you really want it to be 100% you, design the hilts then photoshop them.
MrCrayon
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Projects :: Coruscant map Want to help PM me
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 3

Post by MrCrayon »

ummm...Nobody cared about mine so I am going to be a little bit of a show off and display my hard work...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

MrCrayon wrote:ummm...Nobody cared about mine so I am going to be a little bit of a show off and display my hard work...
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's not that we don't care, Crayon. You don't have to post it again. Everyone posts things that don't get commented on. That's some really good work you got there, probably better than anything I could do...ever... but if no one has anything more to say than "that's really cool," then it's really not worth posting for everyone in the forum to read and if we have 12 compliments per picture, it clutters what this topic is about: Graphic Art.

To sum up, we all think its great. If we didn't, someone would've posted some criticism. So don't feel too bummed if no one posts anything, if you look back at previous Graphic Art forums, there are alot of great pieces of work with nothing but another piece of work under them. Don't feel discouraged.
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

A recent project done for a class (complete vector typographic design)

link

full view

Preview:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »